Import .FIT file from Peripedal (Read 13 times)

Eric

I use a program called Peripedal for my indoor trainer cycling workouts. The program uses the Garmin Ant stick to read the speed sensor and HR monitor and the power curve of the trainer to calculate virtual power. The benefits of the program is setting up workouts with specific power ranges over a range of time. The program also records this information and creates a .FIT file for export.

The .FIT file contains the time, distance, HR, power, and cadence of each interval and is supposed to be unloadable to programs that accept the .FIT format. I use SportTracks software and it is able to display the individual splits. Garmin Connect and TrainingPeaks are also compatible.

I've been uploading the output .FIT file from Peripedal into RunningAhead and have found that the intervals are all there, but there is no interval information data in the fields. I have to delete the intervals in order to save the rest of the information about the workout. The Distance field is filled in, but the Duration field is always empty.

I can send you a file to look at.

Thanks for your work on this site

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

eric :)

Hi Rob,

Please send a few of these files to me so I can take a look.  The FIT format is packet based, as in the intervals data are stored in packets, in the order they are sent or generated by an ANT compatible device.  The format itself does not define the order of these packets and interpretation is up to the application decoding it.  The FIT files you have probably have the intervals data in a slightly different order.

eric Smile

Files sent

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life