Running twice a day (Read 429 times)

Hi all, this is my second chance at running, I ran for a little more than a year 4 years ago, got injured and had to stop. Four months ago I started running again. I'm only working on base mileage for fitness so I'm not concerned with speed at all. I currently run 5 to 6 times a week, and have built up to 12 km runs each day. I generally don't run in the morning but this morning was one of the occasions I did. It was difficult to complete my circuit but I did. It bothered me all day that the run was so difficult. For the very first time I thought I'd try it again in the afternoon to my surprise the afternoon run was way easier even though I had run the 12k once already today. Strange, to say the least, anyone else run twice a day? I do run slowly it takes 1:20 to complete the 12km but I am rarely exhausted after a run.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

fastgirls

Im not exactly sure, but the same thing happens to me. In the morning, sometimes my run doesn't go great - but in the afternoon i run much better. Maybe im more relaxed about running in the afternoon, maybe im more loosened up, or maybe it is possible that since you dont usually run in the morning that you just arent used to it. I noticed it takes me longer to warm up in the morning, but usually once i get going im ok .