longboard race (Read 120 times)

Immakillu9

Any good longboarding race spots in the ottawa area ? any decently large and steep hills ?

MrH

As this is a running site I don't know if you will get much help on long boarding races in Ottawa, but in the spirit of being helpful, there is a major quilting festival coming up in Houston at the end of October,

http://www.quilts.com/home/shows/viewer.php?page=FallFestival

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Kalsarikännit

I always associate longboarders with people with unusual costumed, anthropomorphic fetishes. Vancouver (that's right over yonder from Ottawa, right?) has a furry convention, VancouFur, next year. http://www.vancoufur.ca

Hope this helps!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Has anybody longboarded the AT?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

I always associate longboarders with people with unusual costumed, anthropomorphic fetishes. Vancouver (that's right over yonder from Ottawa, right?) has a furry convention, VancouFur, next year. http://www.vancoufur.ca

Hope this helps!

It's all fun and games until the scritching starts..

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

Has anybody longboarded the AT?

We know Grandma Gatewood carried a quilt on the trail.

Some through-hikers probably resemble furries by the end.

Setting a longboarding FKT may be the next thing.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

rlopez

Longboards are fast and stable, but not particularly agile, especially in chop.  I recommend a much shorter board for the rocky parts of the AT.

MrH

Longboards are fast and stable, but not particularly agile, especially in chop.  I recommend a much shorter board for the rocky parts of the AT.

Is there a particular wax you would recommend to make it smoother?

The process is the goal.

kcam

Is there a particular wax you would recommend to make it smoother?

That's what she said.

This is an innocent thread.  Let's not be a childish group of adults.

(I'm going to hell.)

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

How long should a longboard be for it be logged as a longboard race.

rlopez

Mr Zog's is really the only wax to get.

Longboards are 8+ feet. As for how long the race needs to be, well, it's not how long you make it... it's how you make it long.

MrH

Mr Zog's is really the only wax to get.

The process is the goal.

an amazing likeness

Surprising how long it took from SRL's soft pitch to the swing...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Chasing the bus

Surprising how long it took from SRL's soft pitch to the swing...

It was outta the park though!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                                Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test