So, would you run with Palin? (Read 1943 times)

i sacrificed the gift

(I find it amazing how much abuse she took for buying clothes from Nordstroms while our current first lady is lauded for her wardrobe and chicness)

To be fair (and possibly to start an argument that I don't want to get into), the issue was that Palin bought her wardrobe with money donated to the Republican National Convention, whereas Michelle Obama (as far as I know) never bought her clothes with public funds.  And also that Palin spent something like $150k on her wardrobe.  I don't know anything about what Michelle Obama wears, but I do know that Barack Obama wears the same suits and shoes that I do, and neither item costs more than $1000.

Her fashion is also a lot easier to make fun of, because if you take a redneck piece of shit and dress it in Gucci, it looks ridiculous, whereas the first lady actually has class.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
    Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
    Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
      Don't forget Obama has holes in his shoes. Not sure if that really means anything though.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jpdeaux

She finished DFL in a race I won in New Hampshire recently:

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/nh/Jul18_42ndAn_set1.shtml

Weird how she was the only runner who didn't know how old she was.

368  18/18   F3539 1:18:43  15:45 Angie Cummings         39 F    53 Hill NH                      
          369                            1:19:27  15:54 S Palin                                  F   801 Wasilla AK                  

How about this one from Newburyport yesterday? Real or fake?

23  2742 Cash Money          18  23/710  M  13/81   M1519 KITTERY POINT   ME   18:05  5:50                                                                        

Also, fixed yours above.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

a redneck piece of shit

Good thing you weren't looking to start an argument Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

To be fair (and possibly to start an argument that I don't want to get into), the issue was that Palin bought her wardrobe with money donated to the Republican National Convention, whereas Michelle Obama (as far as I know) never bought her clothes with public funds.  And also that Palin spent something like $150k on her wardrobe.  I don't know anything about what Michelle Obama wears, but I do know that Barack Obama wears the same suits and shoes that I do, and neither item costs more than $1000.

Her fashion is also a lot easier to make fun of, because if you take a redneck piece of shit and dress it in Gucci, it looks ridiculous, whereas the first lady actually has class.

Hear, hear

i sacrificed the gift

Good thing you weren't looking to start an argument Smile

while i'm here, might as well call a spade a spade

i sacrificed the gift

Don't forget Obama has holes in his shoes. Not sure if that really means anything though.

Since I've already graced this message board with my presence in order to set the record straight, I might as well nip this one in the bud too.

The news article was pointing out that Obama has his shoes resoled when the soles wear through (which is completely standard and probably what 90% of men who wear leather soled shoes on a regular basis do), and that McCain just goes and buys new ferragamos every year.

Menace to Sobriety

Weird how she was the only runner who didn't know how old she was.

368  18/18   F3539 1:18:43  15:45 Angie Cummings         39 F    53 Hill NH                      
                    369                            1:19:27  15:54 S Palin                                  F   801 Wasilla AK                  

I bet Angie C votes for her

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Prince of Fatness

(and possibly to start an argument that I don't want to get into)

Heh.  Since you did ask for it and I am bored.......

Define class.  What is it?  How do you know that the first lady has class?  Because you say so?

What is a redneck?  Why is the former governer a redneck?

Not at it at all. 

i sacrificed the gift

You've got to be trolling.  Compare any interview of Michelle Obama to any interview of Sarah Palin.  It's pretty easy.

Simple fact of the matter is you can't polish a turd.

mikeymike

You've got to be trolling.  Compare any interview of Michelle Obama to any interview of Sarah Palin.  It's pretty easy.

Simple fact of the matter is you can't polish a turd.

Yes.  I'm sure Mr P is the one who's trolling here and not the guy nobody's ever heard of with no public profile and no public running log who showed up like yesterday to stir the pot in a month-old thread.

Runners run

Heh.  Since you did ask for it and I am bored.......

Define class.  What is it?  How do you know that the first lady has class?  Because you say so?

What is a redneck?  Why is the former governer a redneck?

She has class.  How do I know?  As one Supreme Court Justice stated (regarding obscenity), "I know it when I see it."

But seriously, I have always wondered, even as a Brown guy from the Northeast, "Why is 'redneck' an o.k. term. to throw around?" 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jfa

Since I've already graced this message board with my presence in order to set the record straight,

I sense a little attitude

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, that's me.  A troll.

So Sarah Palin is a turd?  Why?  Because she is common folkish?  And Michelle Obama has class?  Why?  She's well educated and articulate? 

Not at it at all.