So, would you run with Palin? (Read 1943 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We called those Jam sandwiches. You know, where you jam two pieces of bread together.

Must be that whole West coast Midwest language barrier.

Yeah, but you jam a slice of bologna between the two slices.

....that was like 5 issues ago...are people still talking about it....

Anyways, I'd run with anyone who wanted to hit the pavement. Why not?

i don't trust anyone who likes to hit the pavement.

bhearn

I accidentally ran with Sarah Palin in the Portland Marathon a couple years ago -- sort of. I always wear my Marathon Maniacs singlet, which has this logo on the back:

Well, a guy caught up to me, and said "Oh, that's a guy with a cat on his head on your shirt. I thought it was Sarah Palin".

Get Lost :)

Aw, nuts, Palin's in Boston. Now the question is ... would Sarah Palin run with me?
          xor

Only if you you fly her first class and acquire 3 hotel rooms.

(a contract for a personal speaking engagement was fished out of the trash and some of her "demands" were made public.  I am absolutely not a fan of SP, but the requirements didn't really seem to be all that outrageous to me unless they are paid by public funds.  She wasn't demanding a bowl of m&ms with all the brown ones removed.  I've seen many that are much much much worse.)

Edited to add: leaving my stutter in that first sentence.  My brain/fingers do that all the damn time and I don't know why.

Imminent Catastrophe

I accidentally ran with Sarah Palin in the Portland Marathon a couple years ago -- sort of. I always wear my Marathon Maniacs singlet, which has this logo on the back:

Well, a guy caught up to me, and said "Oh, that's a guy with a cat on his head on your shirt. I thought it was Sarah Palin".

You really need to share that on the Maniac board 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Maybe it would make Lauri foam at the mouth some more.

I'd run with her. Think of all the extra race photos a guy could have! I don't know that I'd talk to her much though.
                    Maybe it would make Lauri foam at the mouth some more.

HAH! That's a good thing, right?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Hey, nice marmot!

I would not run with Sarah Palin.  I would, however, go para-sailin' with her.

Get it?  I'd go para-sailin' with Sarah Palin.  Get it?

Pearls people.  I lay pearls at your feet.  Pearls I tell ya.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

I am absolutely not a fan of SP, but the requirements didn't really seem to be all that outrageous to me

I know, right? Very disappointing to me that it was fairly standardly reasonable. Meh.

“I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

Why is it sideways?

Pearls before swine, indeed.

bhearn

I'd go heaven stalking with Steven Hawking.

xor

I'd go touring with Turing.

(well, if I had a time machine)

Stalk Lara Croft with Hopcroft.  He is not an Aho.

That's a bunch of Karp.

buzzardnblack

buzz

why not?
                                <do all="" things="" without="" murmuring="" and="" complaining=""></do>