HTFU Overuse Alert (Read 1080 times)

Go Pre!

IMHO the novelty wore off in '07. I may feel differently tomorrow Embarrassed MTA: Yes, I know, I am a bit guilty of contributing to the overuse!
    Len

Damn Yankee

IMHO the novelty wore off in '07. I may feel differently tomorrow Embarrassed
      Heresy!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Gig

You were right for about 15 minutes, but now it's retro, so it's new again. Clowning around

Go Pre!

I changed my mind about tomorrow, I was just covering my a$$ t not upset those still attached to it. So ya, I will still be over it. Retro, cute. I almost re-adopted it.
            You were right for about 15 minutes, but now it's retro, so it's new again. Clowning around
            Oh, I like how you think! Smile

Michelle

I'm still trying to figure out what it means??
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                DaddyO, I just wanted to comment on your tagline. To me, the training process for a marathon is the peak of physical and emotional preparedness. When the taper starts, I often lose sight of the excitement of the event itself and I'm planning "life after" the marathon. I even had 2 instances where I registered, trained, and decided not to run the marathon. Naturally a big race in a fancy place or when a forum gathering is planned, keeps it's excitement but still, the training is where I get my thrills. Great tagline and one that's most appreciated and understood by marathoners.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Daddyo I totally agree with what Ray said, your tagline is spot on! For me it is all about the training and consistency, the race itself is just icing on the cake! Now what the heck is HTFU???

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

JakeKnight

Oh, HTFU. Sheesh.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

WTF is HTFU?
                      Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD

Lazy idiot

Use the forum search, and you'll find the link. Warning: probably not safe work work (language).

Tick tock

Bite your tongue. HTFU, it isn't just for running anymore. Clowning around
                          Use the forum search, and you'll find the link.
                          Or just click my siggie. It's definitely not work-safe, my hero Chopper drops the F bomb like Mississippi changes her avatar.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

HTFU is so over.

Runners run

HTFU is so over.
                              Nah, there are still those who haven't heard the gospel of Saint Chopper (ducking and running, calling Chopper a saint could bring about an indoor lightning storm...) When I responded to a friend's emailed political comment yesterday, he got all pissy and offended. It's a nice easy cut and paste reply, a video is worth a thousand words.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Scout7

Mikey, you need to HTFU.