Podrunner: Intervals is available on iTunes (Read 1685 times)

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

The first music mix in Podrunner: Intervals' initial "First Day to 5K" series will launch February 1, but you can subscribe now using one of the links below, and P: I will be downloaded to you as soon as it's available. Meantime, you can download a four-minute introduction to interval training we've provided as a sort of tutorial to help you make the most of working out with Podrunner: Intervals. You can subscribe on iTunes or download from my website. I've been looking forward to these as much as a lot of listeners have. Smile
    Steve Boyett
    Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
    Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
      Sounds like fun, I will check it out. Thanks. mm
      mdmccat
        My sister emailed your site to her friends and me last year. modal (who likes harder breakbeat, electro, dnb, etc)

Vim

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Your sister is a goddess and you should lie flowers at her feet. Big grin Please tell her thank you for me!
          Steve Boyett
          dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Podrunner: Intervals just debuted at #31 on iTunes Music podcast rankings, about 18 hours after launch, and before a mix is even available! Holy cow.
            Steve Boyett

Just Be

Steve, your podcast is amazing. I downloaded a few this past week and have been using them off and on in my training runs. Much better than the fitpod.com podcasts! Congrats! Smile Thanks again for providing such an awesome service. Smile
              dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

I'm delighted to hear you say that for more reasons than you can know! I did 10 exclusive Podrunner mixes to launch the fitpod series over a year and a half ago, and they have done nothing but copy my approach ever since. They posted the exclusives as podcasts in violation of my agreement with them and without permission from the artists and labels whose music was being used. When the term of my relationship with them ended, I had to threaten legal action to insist that they remove the mixes from the podcast and from their website. The music they use is semiprofessional at best and just awful (in my admittedly biased opinion). Every time Podrunner sneezes, fitpod gets a cold. I used to get really mad at their behavior. Now I realize that if I ignore them, I'm totally unaware of them. People copy who can't create. Simply reading aloud the titles of their mixes is worthy of a Mystery Science Theatre skit. But I digress. Smile As you can see, it's still a bit of a nerve. Thank you for listening, and for your kind comments!
                Steve Boyett

Just Be

Wow, I had no clue that fitpod.com operators/owners were such bastages! Surprised I didn't hear about your podcast until I saw you posting here awhile ago, and finally got around to downloading some last week when I had some free time. They really are good, at least the ones I've listened to so far. Smile Maybe I'll delete the fitpod.com ones from my comp. There are only 2 out of about 10 that I liked, those were their 'Ignition' mix and 'Now it gets physical' ... were those 2 bit off of your stuff? If so, which titles, so I can download yours! Big grin
                  dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

They've been off of fitpod for a while now; I doubt any were mine. Mine were all Podrunner exclusives and had intros by me. [They really are good, at least the ones I've listened to so far.] Why, every one of them is the best mix I've ever done! Big grin By definition some have to be better than others, of course, but I can't bear the thought of putting up a mix that I'm not happy with. It ought to be motivating that Podrunner goes out to a LOT of people, but the truth is I'd be like that if no one listened to it but me. I've redone mixes several times, and chucked them entirely, when they have intrusive sounds or beats that aren't on, or just plain don't work. You're out there running, you want to be in the zone, you want something that acts as a mediator between your brain and your body. You don't want to suddenly think, Holy crap, what am I hearing? This sounds like a bag of clocks! The original 10 fitpod mixes ,and over 90 Podrunner mixes that had to come down when my music licensing agreement changed, are unavailable since Nov. 1 (we're rebuilding an archive quickly, though!), but the Yahoo Podrunner Group members seem very resourceful about getting hold of the earlier ones. Wink
                    Steve Boyett

Just Be

You're in it for the right reasons, I love your total dedication to your work! Smile Keep it up, it's appreciated! BTW, check out my blog if you have time, I can add your site to the related links section if you want. Smile Eventually as my times progress and I come closer and closer to my goal, or maybe even achieve my goal, I hope my site and blog will motivate people to find it in themselves to be the best they can absolutely be, the sentiment is not just applicable to running. The aforementioned is a large part of why I continue to work so hard for my goal, I love the positive effect that I have on peoples' lives, as well as my own! Smile
                      dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Great blog, and I like the layout very much as well! I would be delighted if you linked to the Podrunner page, and thanks so much for the offer!
                        Steve Boyett

Just Be

Added the link. Smile Let me know if you want me to direct it to a more specific portion of your website.
                          dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Thanks so much!
                            Steve Boyett

Life time runner wannabe

Steve, since you're my running partner pretty much every time I go out, I'd love to hear a little about you as a runner. How long you been at it? Do you run to your own mixes? I love your stuff!
                              dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Thank you for running with me! No wonder I'm tired all the time. Smile Even though I run, I don't consider myself a runner, to be honest. Just as many people who write are not writers, and many people who sing are definitely not singers. I've been a martial artist for many years and have practiced yoga for about the last seven. Years ago I used to run 3 miles a night at least 3 times a week, but gave it up because I didn't like that it made me less flexible in martial arts (I'm ridiculously limber). Podrunner started basically when I was learning my craft as a DJ and my wife -- a former marathon trainer and aerobics instructor -- asked for fixed-BPM mixes for her runs. I liked the challenge of it. I was starting to get smaller club gigs in Los Angeles and didn't want to keep sending out demo CDs, so I put up a website and some mixes as a kind of digital business card. I'd read an article on podcasting and that seemed interesting, so I thought, Why not? I asked my wife if she thought anyone would be interested in run mixes, and she said, You have no idea. Two weeks later iTunes featured Podrunner and my website crashed within hours from the downloads! After I'd been doing them a few months I thought, you know, I really should reality-test these things. Maureen, my wife, had been Podrunner's oracle because she had a wealth of knowledge about runners and running, but it wasn't the same as getting out there and knowing myself what rhythms my body wanted, what would get me through the wall, what would carry me that quarter-mile past the point where I absolutely wanted to quit. I found that the mixes helped me a LOT. To be honest, I don't enjoy running all that much (which is why I say running is for runners), and there's no way I'd do it without the mixes. (See, I not only own the company, I'm also a client!) Martial arts and yoga are my first loves; I run because it's good for me. In a way, though, this is something that made me appreciate Podrunner from the standpoint of many of the people who use it: here's something that will help me do this activity that's good for me, but that I'm not crazy about in and of itself. Probably sacrilege on a running forum, but I think a lot of people may feel the way I do. Lately the sad irony is that I have been so busy with Podrunner, sponsorship, Podrunner: Intervals, and a rather unbelievable amount of work attendant on it (Podrunner is a 12-hour-a-day job, I kid you not), that I haven't had any time to run. Or exercise at all. I'm hoping to remedy that this week by actually starting the "First Day to 5K" Podrunner: Intervals series when it debuts Feb. 1. I've run the series before and think it's great (I can say this because DJ Beatsmith mixed them, not me!). I've put up a challenge on the Yahoo Podrunner Group for anyone who wants to start off with me. I think it'll be fun, and god knows it's necessary for me right now. I've been decorating a chair for four months.
                                Steve Boyett