anyone remember the Spin Doctors? (Read 1217 times)

I'm an aging grad student (24 Smile ) and felt very old when I stepped onto the University of Rochester undergrad campus for a convocatoin carnival event. The Spin Doctors were performing! I listened to these guys in 6-7 grade and could still sing most of the songs... but, not too many other kids seemed into it. Am I that old? I guess the freshmen this year would have been in kindergarden. Oh well.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do, but I'm 33! Neat that they're still together. I was never really a fan, but my 30 year old brother is/was. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm an aging grad student (24 Smile )
        That's not old! That's barely able to be trusted out on the roads! And some places won't rent you a car until you're 25! This from another "ancient" 33 y/o...

Roads were made for journeys...

Hey, Joel. Wait until you get to be my age. No one has even recognized my avatar or my "race face" pic yet. Not even anyone my vintage! John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I don't know too many of their songs. Actually, the first and only song that comes to mind is "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong". That is old, OLD song!
              Does anyone my age, give or take 3 yrs, have an issue with the fact that the music we listened to in junior high & high school is now being played on the classic rock stations?? I'm sorry, Poison is NOT classic rock!! I'm not THAT damn old!!!
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

5 1/2 years later, and the Spin Doctors, it is like they never existed. Not very good staying power.

My dogs are fast, not me

Hey, Joel. Wait until you get to be my age. No one has even recognized my avatar or my "race face" pic yet. Not even anyone my vintage! John

That's the King Crimson Discipline cover. I recognized it right away. DH is a huge fan of Fripp.

Robin

I don't know too many of their songs. Actually, the first and only song that comes to mind is "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong". That is old, OLD song!

A friend of mine thought the lyrics were "little miss camping frog."  

Feeling the growl again

5 1/2 years later, and the Spin Doctors, it is like they never existed. Not very good staying power.

Dude, how did you even FIND this thread???  Hold on, I think I have a bag phone under my car seat....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hoban-Jay

There best music never much airplay....just the pop-schlock like Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.  But Jimmy Olsen's Blues was good....and even better were a  very well done cover of Jimi's "Spanish Castle Magic"; "Cleopatra's Cat", "How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me)?", "Mary Jane" and "The Harder I Laugh The Harder I Cry". 

AnneCA

No, but I did just get an e-mail about a Blues Traveler tour this summer.  

ZZCaptainObvious

I was just listening to them a few days ago! Sad thing is, they released their first album (the only one I've heard) before I was born... So... hmm.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

No, but I did just get an e-mail about a Blues Traveler tour this summer.  

I'm surprised that guy is still alive -- all 400lbs of him.

I still have the bouncer T-Shirt I got from being a guard at their concert.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

AnneCA

I'm surprised that guy is still alive -- all 400lbs of him.

He had gastric bypass.  The bassist died, though.  Heroin.