Rain, hail and lightning (Read 437 times)

I have just come back from what could only be explained as an exhilarating run, in fact hilarious Big grin My running partner and I had decided that we were going to hit the trails big time this evening and came prepared to do a 10 mile off road hill run. We came prepared with waterproofs and went off with the sun shining but the threat of a few grey clouds on the horizon. All was well until mile 5 when the clouds just opened and we were met by torrential rain that as quick as the rain started, the hail hit us...ouch ooh ouch. We were stuck in woodland and gaining the top of a hill when there was an almighty flash of lightning and an immediate BOOOOM, eeek we were in the centre of the storm Shocked We ran on but I was getting unnerved as I had visions that between us we were creating a hell of static from our nylon over jackets, mobile phones and electric personalities Clowning around. My running mate ducked under a great oak tree and I barked that it was not a good idea in lightning so we continued on , now the paths were awash and in some parts were riverlets and water about 6 inches deep in places. My trail shoes were holding on but they were getting a tad upset in the deep, deep mud. As we ran through one section of woodland we could see the cloudless sunset, with about 25 minutes of daylight left. We ran through the trees, just as the rain stopped and without a prompt, we both sang: I can see clearly now the rain has gone I can see all obstacles in my way Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day What a great run, one of my favourites of all time and it just reminded myself "So that is why I do it" Big grin

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Lane

We ran on but I was getting unnerved as I had visions that between us we were creating a hell of static from our nylon over jackets, mobile phones and electric personalities Clowning around.
      If you got hit by lightning, you weren't running fast enough Wink