Question for anyone who has a Nathan Speed energy belt (Read 509 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Just got mine in the mail today and can't wait to use it, but I'm wondering how waterproof - well, sweatproof - the back pocket is. There are 2 compartments in the back - one all the way at the rear (closest to the body) and then another one on the outside of that one. What I'm wondering is whether I can put my cell phone in that outer compartment and not have to worry about my sweat getting to it. Hope that makes sense. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

xor

Shouldn't be an issue, but it kind of depends on how much you sweat (and where you live, I guess). Plus how much you might be a-scared of rain. Consider plopping your phone in a sandwich bag or somesuch for a little extra protection.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I put my phone in a sandwich bag -- so that if it rains it doesn't get soaked.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks. I've been putting the phone in a sandwich bag to put in the pocket of my pullover, but I was hoping the wicking feature on the belt would ensure the phone would stay dry. I think I'll keep doing the plastic bag thing. Thanks.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

xor

Thanks. I've been putting the phone in a sandwich bag to put in the pocket of my pullover, but I was hoping the wicking feature on the belt would ensure the phone would stay dry. I think I'll keep doing the plastic bag thing. Thanks.
            Well, actually, the wicking feature would be designed to pull moisture away from your body and spread it out... which might kind of encourage a good ol' dampening of stuff. Anyway, the stuff I've put in fuel belt and amphipod pockets generally stays dry except for hot days when I'm out there long enough to soak everything. Hard for say; the bag won't hurt anything. Incidentally, when you do manage to sweat soak that thing, note well that belts can be stinky stinky critters after awhile Smile