Yet another shoe question (Read 625 times)

A new New Balance store just opened up near my house. The running store I've been going to doesn't carry NBs. Not sure if it's that they don't like them or that NB is not profitable to carry or if NB doesn't want to sell them there. But I thought I'd check them out but wanted to see what people thought before I go. I like the feel of ASICS. They're just so responsive. Which NBs would be close in feel? As far as ASICs, which shoe would provide a bit more support than an 1120/1130 but not as much as the 2130? The Kayano? Stability shoes are too controlling. My feet slap the pavement and I get terrible shin splints. Maybe there's a NB shoe that would fit better? Just thought I'd get some input from people more experienced than I. I may just stick with my Landreths and spenco arch supports a bit longer but I can tell these are not perfect.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not sure that NB has anything that would be between the 1130 and 2130. The NB 768 would be comparable to the 2130 and the NB 1223 would be comparable to the Kayano. Similar in stability to the 1130 would be something like the NB 903, which is a lightweight stability trainer. It's very mild stability--so if you've been wearing Landreths it might work for you. There's no harm in at least going and trying some on. You might find something that's perfect for you, or maybe not.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I used to wear NB. Discovered Asics on sale and decided to stay with them. I am an overpronator. I think it is an age thing.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I am an overpronator. I think it is an age thing.
          What are you trying to say? Wink I'm only 40! 40 is the new 30 ya know. Cool