Nashville run (Read 1017 times)

The Monkey Games

I know of between 3 and 10 who may show. Wait, does that include JN? I thought not. Sheesh.

Cryptic

i just read your post on the striders site.......10 miles with another hill.......I need to get some miles down but in the rain...hehe

The Monkey Games

It is an out and back on a 7.4 mile course. There is an alternate way back that replaces the major hill with two medium hills and a few little rolls to bring it all up to about 10 miles. I think some folks will do each, but you never can tell ahead of time. I love running in the rain, but this storm may be a doozy.

Cryptic

hey trent...why can't i get the dang elevation thing to work? http://www.runningahead.com/maps/9e304e9ebe1841a9b3d602a7d9eb7b15

The Monkey Games

2 reasons 1. Because you are hoping to run this instead of the Lynnewood Hill 2. USGS is probably down.

Cryptic

nah i ran it a couple of hours ago I need to get in more than five on Sat or Sun this week. The first 3 miles were harder than I anticipated. I won't make that mistake again. Anyway thanks for the heads up I thought I was being dumb.
                Yo Doc: Will this thing kick off right at 7:00 or what? You running 10? Will it happen rain or shine? If the answer to all of the above is yes, I'll be there. I had to get the all clear from the Commander. The only catch is I'll have to be out of there no later than 9:00. Let me know. And where do we park?
                E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
                -----------------------------

Cryptic

The answer to all the questions is yes and As for the parking, there is a retail complex at the corner of Moores Lane and Franklin Rd. Park there. I am still thinking about going but I will not going to say for sure one way or the other at this point. I melt in the rain.

The Monkey Games

Rain or lotta rain, I plan to do this. You should be done by 9, although some of us may add on... yep about parking.
                      If you add on, how far are you going?

Does this mean I have to show up, too?

Cryptic

if I show I would want to do the 10 mile loop...however I would be taking it slow. I have only run 6.5 since my injury so it would be a build up run for me.
                            Does this mean I have to show up, too?
                            Sure, but you have to do two laps. And work on your dissertation while you run. That should even things out.

Sure, but you have to do two laps. And work on your dissertation while you run. That should even things out.
                              I actually get most of my dissertation work done while I'm running--I think that the oxygen debt actually helps me think more "philosophically." Wink I'm thinking about doing a progression run, so the run should fit right in. However, going to Cool Springs does violate every philosophical standard I've set for myself...

The Monkey Games

If we do the 10.6 mile loop, we may add on another bit for a total of 14-16 miles. We will probably start at a 9ish minute pace, maybe slower (especially on the uphills). The 10 mile version includes several rough but small hills in the last third. 10.6 mile version