What's the most amount of money you've spent on an app? (Read 774 times)

Chris T

$50 for 1Password on laptop and $25 for phone. So, $75 total.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

$0

Is there an app for posting  pictures? That I probably would buy.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

Anyone remember I Am Rich? A $999 iPhone app that does... nothing.

I Am Rich is an iOS application which was formerly distributed using the App Store. When launched, the screen only contains a glowing red gem, and an icon that when pressed, displays the following mantra in large text:

I am rich
        I deserv [sic] it
        I am good,
        healthy &
        successful

The application is described as "a work of art with no hidden function at all", with its only purpose being to show other people that they were able to afford it

Eight people bought it before it was pulled from the app store. I had a flash of inspiration, and quickly knocked together "I Am Poor", an app which did exactly the same thing as I Am Rich, but cost $1. Fool your friends, lotsa larfs. Alas, Apple declined to approve it.

zonykel

Did you try the android market?

Anyone remember I Am Rich? A $999 iPhone app that does... nothing.

I Am Rich is an iOS application which was formerly distributed using the App Store. When launched, the screen only contains a glowing red gem, and an icon that when pressed, displays the following mantra in large text:

The application is described as "a work of art with no hidden function at all", with its only purpose being to show other people that they were able to afford it

Eight people bought it before it was pulled from the app store. I had a flash of inspiration, and quickly knocked together "I Am Poor", an app which did exactly the same thing as I Am Rich, but cost $1. Fool your friends, lotsa larfs. Alas, Apple declined to approve it.

bhearn

Ha! There was no Android at the time. There was a narrow window when it was in the news and people might have bought I Am Poor for fun.

I think I pay $135 a year for my MLB app. Worth every penny when you're a baseball fan living on the wrong side of the country from your team.

RunJasonRun

$0

I had to eat brown bag lunches for a week after buying it, as well.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Capt Awesome

I've sprent up to and including Free on several occasions.

TJoseph

I paid $20 for Touchdown for my first android phone back before android supported Microsoft exchange active synch security policies. That was a good app, and worth the 20 bucks for the six months or so before it became obsolete.

I still use Touchdown.  It sandboxes any security policies (like requiring a password) from the Exchange server to just the app and not the whole phone.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I still use Touchdown.  It sandboxes any security policies (like requiring a password) from the Exchange server to just the app and not the whole phone.

FF and IE both have private browsing options built in now.  I don't know if they work the same as Touchdown or even as each other.

TJoseph

FF and IE both have private browsing options built in now.  I don't know if they work the same as Touchdown or even as each other.

Touchdown is an email client and supports Activesync.  IE and FF are browsers.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Touchdown is an email client and supports Activesync.  IE and FF are browsers.

Oops, I should have been paying attention to your post.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Back in the day, when I was still working, I too spent $M on "applications"... things have changed when I saw the OP using "apps" because I immediately knew she meant software applications for smart phones and tablets...LOL

I paid $1.99 for BeyondPod for Android when they had a special discount from their original $7.99 - even tho I had found it to be a really superior podcast download/management/payback system.

I just spent $3.99 for "Tales of illyaria" (early release)... but then my SIL is the artist behind it... I do have to admit that I like it even tho I mostly play Sudoko when I am idle.

bob e v
                            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

EpicErin

Epic Runner

I was lucky to get the Zombies, Run! app when it was half price at $3.99 Smile

Zombies! Run was $8 when I bought it...everything else was free or $1.  Looking at some $$ autism therapy apps for the rugrat on our iPad.

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/