Multiple Quoting (Read 1242 times)

Prince of Fatness

I don't know how easy this would be, but there are times when I would like to quote multiple posts within one reply.  Right now I need to open multiple windows, and copy and paste everything into the reply.  Is there any way that this could be automated?

Not at it at all. 

Copy the tags below and place it around the text you want to quote.

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<blockquote >

<p>

The text goes here

</p>

</blockquote>

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, that's what I do now.  The problem is that the editor doesn't always retain the posting information (User ID, timestamp) when I do more than one.  I remember some forum that I was on had a paste multiple button, which essentially pasted the quote into the existing edit window.  It just made it cleaner, and easier.

Not a big deal, just a nice to have.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

you can quote the first, view the HTML, copy it to notepad, and so on with the following ones, and when you copy them back the timestamps will be in place. of course, this doesn't work with cross-thread quoting. timestamps are lost in cross-thread quoting.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

I do exactly that but most times the editor takes the timestamps out and just leaves the quote without them.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Yeah, that's what I do now.  The problem is that the editor doesn't always retain the posting information (User ID, timestamp) when I do more than one.  I remember some forum that I was on had a paste multiple button, which essentially pasted the quote into the existing edit window.  It just made it cleaner, and easier.

Not a big deal, just a nice to have.

you can quote the first, view the HTML, copy it to notepad, and so on with the following ones, and when you copy them back the timestamps will be in place. of course, this doesn't work with cross-thread quoting. timestamps are lost in cross-thread quoting.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

You had me at HTML.

Prince of Fatness

That time it worked but it doesn't always.  And yes, same thread.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

mr train - do you look anything like kevin costner? just curious. and, mr finn - be sure you leave all the ID tag stuff in place.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

L Train

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That time it worked

but it doesn't always.

And yes, same thread.

Did this work?

Prince of Fatness

No, you lost the timestamps on the inner quotes.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

i can get individual quotes in the same thread to retain the signature stamp. i cannot get a nested quote to retain the sig stamp on the inner quotes.

that is the sum total of my experience.

sincerely,

edward norton

L Train

I think he's a little young to determine whether he looks like K.C.

"run" "2" "eat"

what?