RIP Chad Denning - UPDATED - Memorial Race 9/20/14 in NH (Read 210 times)

I wish I'd had the chance to meet Chad.

"It shouldn’t happen to Superman.  That was one somber-faced reaction to the news that spread throughout the area’s running and recreational communities on Monday: Chad Denning, a beloved and seemingly invulnerable endurance athlete from New London, collapsed and died while hiking on the Appalachian Trail on Mt. Moosilauke in Benton, N.H., on Sunday afternoon."

http://www.vnews.com/sports/13475153-95/well-regarded-endurance-athlete-chad-denning-dies-while-running-appalachian-trail

http://ultrasignup.com/results_participant.aspx?fname=Chad&lname=Denning

Memorial Race info:

The Lost-a-Lot Trail Race on Sept. 20, the final event of the 10-stop Western New Hampshire Trail Running Series, will also double as a memorial to the life of series founder Chad Denning, who died unexpectedly on Sunday at the age of 39 while hiking on Mount Moosilauke.

The race itself, a seven-mile jaunt through the woods of the Boston Lot beginning and ending on Lahaye Drive, near Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, will go on as scheduled at 9 a.m. Online registration is available at www.wnhtrs.org through Sept. 18 at $20; race-day registration is $25. Awards will go to top men and women in multiple age groups as well as the champions of the season-long race series.

From there, the celebration will move on to Oak Hill at Hanover’s Storrs Pond Recreation Area for a noon picnic and potluck dessert. The event is open to the public.

http://www.vnews.com/sports/13501239-95/recreation-briefs-wnhtrs-to-honor-denning-at-sept-20-lost-a-lot

jfa

That's very sad. So young.

Village people

Very sad. I had read a story about someone dying. It must have been him Sad

Evolving body parts

RIP Sad

Of course my first thought was his family and friends left behind. But... what a way to go. Honestly, if I had a say when the time comes...

PS: I hope it doesn't come across as an offhand comment.

Arimathea

Tessa

Poor man. So young.

LM, not offhand at all. I think many of us would prefer to go out doing something we enjoy in a place we love.

RIP Sad

Of course my first thought was his family and friends left behind. But... what a way to go. Honestly, if I had a say when the time comes...

PS: I hope it doesn't come across as an offhand comment.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Good way to go at 80, not so good at 39 with ( as I understand from a comment elsewhere) a wife and young children.

TripleBock

Nice story on him - Sounds like the world lost a good one.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock