PA 5k Oktoberfest - Bucks County! (Read 1546 times)

Course: Begins and ends in Central Park Time: Registration: 7:45 am (Central Park Pavilion- Enter on Wells Rd) Race: 9:00 am (Central Park Pavilion) Awards: 10:15 am (Central Park Pavilion) Payment: Make checks payable to "Doylestown Township - 5K Run" Mail entries to Doylestown Township, 425 Wells Rd, Doylestown, PA 18901 Information: Township Administrative Office at 215-348-9915 Registration: Pre-registrations must be postmarked by Friday, September 21, 2007. Oktoberfest 5K Race Records Individual Male Art Di Cola 15:37 (2006) Individual Female Laura Finelli 18:58 (2006) http://www.oktoberfestpa.org/5K%20Race.htm THE MAP.... http://www.oktoberfestpa.org/Downloads/Oktoberfest_5-K_2007.pdf

Michelle

Rockenmamof5, Scout, Sagefrog, Joe_h, JVol44... Any others from Bucks or Montgomery County? Anyone interested? I have no choice. I have to run it. My aunt and uncle already circled the date. Smile

Michelle

Afterwards we could stay and enjoy the festivals...with bands like these: Jimmy and the Parrots Saturday, September 29 3:15 - 4:45 PM Grab your beach chair, your suntan oil, and get ready to sail to the islands with the ultimate tribute to Jimmy Buffett. For more than three years, Jimmy Maraventano and Second Wind/Jimmy and the Parrots have been playing to delighted crowds in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Maryland. One of the most requested Jimmy Buffett tribute bands in the country, Second Wind/Jimmy and the Parrots perform not only all the great Buffett songs you love, they also play new and classic rock 'n roll, as well as outstanding original tunes written by lead singer/guitarist Jimmy Maraventano. Their cover songs include favorites by the Beach Boys, Paul Simon, Jerry Jeff Walker, Harry Belafonte, and Buffett guitarist Peter Mayer, among many others. The band truly appeals to all ages and all musical tastes. Eric Mintel Quartet Saturday, September 29 5:15- 6:45 PM The Eric Mintel Quartet are blazing a trail across the country with their unforgettable jazz performances. From the White House to the Kennedy Center, to a segment on QVC and Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz on NPR, and now heard all the time on XM Satellite Radio, Eric and the quartet are connecting with people of all ages through America's greatest art form...jazz. Eric Mintel piano, Nelson Hill alto sax, Dave Antonow bass and Dave Mohn drums Special Blendz Saturday, September 29 7:30 - 8:30 and 9:00 - 10:00 PM An exciting show band (R&B/Motown/Oldies) from Chester, PA, featuring five vocalists with beautiful harmonies and five instrumentalists with dynamic arrangements who keep the audience “groovin”. The choreographed presentation makes this group as fun to watch as it is to listen to.

Michelle

Oh, and lets not forget the kids... Tuckers’ Tales (rear of tent) Friday, September 28: 6:30-7:15 PM & 8:30- 9;15 PM Saturday, September 29: 4:30-5:15 PM & 6:30-7:15 PM The performing division of Puppet Perceptions, Inc. Tuckers’ Tales Puppet Theater is a Philadelphia based performing company founded in 1981. Co-directors Marianne and Tom Tucker have performed to audiences around the country. Audiences from small children to senior citizens have enjoyed the variety of styles skillfully displayed in their interesting programs. Magic by Stuart (stage) Friday, September 28: 7:30-8:15 PM Sunday, September 29: 5:30-6:15 PM & 7:30-8:15 PM Exciting! Educational! Entertaining! These are just a few of the words that have been used to describe the magic of Stuart Rudnick, which combines magic, comedy, juggling, live animals and audience participation. It’s not just a magic show… it’s a production the whole family will enjoy! Mr. Rudnick has received awards from The Society of American Magicians, The International Brotherhood of Magicians and The Magicians Alliance of Eastern States for his magic and comedy.

Michelle

Rockenmamof5, Scout, Sagefrog, Joe_h, JVol44... Any others from Bucks or Montgomery County? Anyone interested? I have no choice. I have to run it. My aunt and uncle already circled the date. Smile
            Try this again... Big grin

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

sounds great BUT may be a conflict w/ the boys soccer games on Sat at 10:30 will get a schedule this weekened.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Try this again... Big grin
                Hey Michelle - Definitely a good chance I'll do this one with you - It's a different course then the last one we did. I've been having some achilles issues that I'm hoping don't get worse. I took a few days off and ran last night and it felt better, so here's hoping. BTW, congrats on the marathon!
                Suzanne
                  Hmmmmmmmmm I'll definetly have to think about this one! Maybe Ken can take Katie to the other 5k where she is manning a water station (he can run that one) I can bring Frankie (that is if he can hang out with your crew) and I'll run with you guys? Hmmmmmm

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hmmmmmmmmm I'll definetly have to think about this one! Maybe Ken can take Katie to the other 5k where she is manning a water station (he can run that one) I can bring Frankie (that is if he can hang out with your crew) and I'll run with you guys? Hmmmmmm
                    NO. I'll feel horrible for Katie if you do that. She'll want you there, won't she? Confused If it weren't for my aunt I'd be running the one near your house.

Michelle

sounds great BUT may be a conflict w/ the boys soccer games on Sat at 10:30 will get a schedule this weekened.
                      Okay, let me know!

Michelle

Hey Michelle - Definitely a good chance I'll do this one with you - It's a different course then the last one we did. I've been having some achilles issues that I'm hoping don't get worse. I took a few days off and ran last night and it felt better, so here's hoping. BTW, congrats on the marathon!
                        Uh-oh....I hope you get better soon! Thank you! Smile

Michelle

NO. I'll feel horrible for Katie if you do that. She'll want you there, won't she? Confused If it weren't for my aunt I'd be running the one near your house.
                          Oh I'd talk to her before making the final decision. I think she'd be happy no matter what, since she'll be hanging out with her friends.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh I'd talk to her before making the final decision. I think she'd be happy no matter what, since she'll be hanging out with her friends.
                            Okay, as long as she's okay with it. Tongue

Michelle