No more music while running... (Read 1262 times)

Coach

I've deleted all the music off my Ipod and become a faithful podcast listener. I feel like podcasts make me smarter and allow me to forget the aches and pains a bit on a long run. I'm always looking for new podcasts. Below is a link to my favorite podcasts page. Please share your favorites here or there. http://runnerpodcasts.blogspot.com/
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me is one of my favorites. It's often laugh-out-loud funny, which yields some strange looks at times from others while on treadmill/elliptical at the Y. Shocked Bethanie

Junior Amphibian

Ummm, those look more like personal interests podcasts to me, rather than running podcasts.

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Coach

Ummm, those look more like personal interests podcasts to me, rather than running podcasts.
          I never said they were running podcasts. Just ones that I like.
          My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
            Well, I cant click on your link because I'm at work right now and its apparently blocked (the nerve!) but if this has already been mentioned, i apoligize I LOVE this radio station and they podcast their show everyday. I hope you have a great sense of humor b/c they are freakin hilarious! I like to listen to them while running as well, but it has led to some funny moments when ihave to stop running and bend over hysterically! check it out on Itunes - WMMR's Preston and Steve show
            dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Podcasts and music are hardly mutually exclusive things.
              Steve Boyett
              Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
              Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
                +1 on wait, wait don't tell me. It's laugh out loud funny at times. That said, I'm pretty much an NPR junkie, and also podcast car talk, this american life, justice talking (which is prehaps the best thing on NRP, but I'm a lawyer so I might be biased), le show, etc.
                Scout7

WMMR's Preston and Steve show
                  gadzooks!
                  Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

+1 on wait, wait don't tell me. It's laugh out loud funny at times. That said, I'm pretty much an NPR junkie, and also podcast car talk, this american life, justice talking (which is prehaps the best thing on NRP, but I'm a lawyer so I might be biased), le show, etc.
                    +2 on Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. +1 on being an NPR junkie. This American Life is the awesomest show ever! My local NPR stations do not have the Justice Talking show so I have no idea. I ran on Saturday listening to Wait, Wait in between down pours and sunshine. I had a silly grin and people thought I was nuts. I've also been listening to Fair Game with Fath Salie (also an NPR show). Had to podcast this one because my NPR station only broadcasts it once a week even though it's a daily show. It's a satirical news show, somewhat like the Onion but with actual current events.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've deleted all the music off my Ipod and become a faithful podcast listener.
                      What kind of iPod do you have that you don't have room for both? Tongue Like DJ Steve said, they're not mutually exclusive! Here's the podcasts I listen to regularly, often while running: CNET's Buzz Out Loud Slate daily podcast Chris Matthews Hardball Keith Olberman Countdown ESPN's Pardon the Interruption Podrunner Groovelectric The Onion Radio News The Onion's Weekly Presidential Radio Address Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac Skeptics Guide to the Universe Skepticality Point of Inquiry Dan Carlin's Common Sense Dan Carlin's Hardcore History VH1 Best Week Ever Meet the Press Face the Nation The week with George Stepadsfdsfuasdionvscjflnmioaihrnvbfuivgjdkfnaklfcjhsusdofjdaskhfopolous Rob Arnie and Dawn (rude crude very funny Sacramento morning radio show)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jomike

Skeptics Guide to the Universe Skepticality Point of Inquiry
                        +1 Also, This Week In Science (twis.org)
                        dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

What kind of iPod do you have that you don't have room for both? Tongue Like DJ Steve said, they're not mutually exclusive!
                          I only mean to say that many podcasts are music. Smile
                          Steve Boyett
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I only mean to say that many podcasts are music. Smile
                            Good point, though oddly enough, the only music podcasts I subscribe to are yours!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

I got no beef with that. Blush
                              Steve Boyett

Non ducor, duco.

The Economist btw, I LOVE your picture of the Man. I have that picture framed in my office. Big grin