Is This a New Trend? (Read 321 times)

I've never seen it or heard of it either.

The worst for me, though, is when I go to a restaurant or bar that expect me to know the meaning of Bloke, Hombre, Gents, Roosters, Men, His, etc (relative to it's counterpart) when I'm slightly drunk or needing to urinate quickly.

I hate being confused while looking at the options.
    I don't have time to translate that word, interpret an odd symbol, or compare the two choices and determine which is more masculine.

K.I.S.S..... It's "Men" or "Women"

Just want to say that I guessed "Joe Carter," before I clicked on your profile.  Just saying.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Just want to say that I guessed "Joe Carter," before I clicked on your profile.  Just saying.

My oldest son was born on that day near Toronto weighing under 2#s (14 weeks early).

We lived in Michigan, but went to Toronto area to watch game 6 (and 7 if necessary) of the world series.

That evening, my wife went into labor, and during the 4th inning or so, my son was born.

An hour or so after he was born, I turned on the TV and happened to watch his at bat (9th inning, 2 outs, HR to win the WS).

It was a memorable swing of the bat for Joe Carter.

It was a memorable night for me.

My son is doing well and survived months in the hospital.  Somehow, he got Joe Carter to sign that and give it to me for his 19th birthday.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

My story about that game: I am a huge baseball fan in general; when it comes to the World Series, I try to make a point to watch all games in their entirety. And as you know they often go pretty late, so it can end up being a rough week for sleep deprivation. Anyway, I remember watching that game, and my eyelids were getting heavy. I saw Joe Carter coming to the plate. The next thing I remember was opening my eyes and seeing a celebration on the field. One of the greatest moments in World Series history, and despite my best efforts, I missed it.

Dave

My oldest son was born on that day near Toronto weighing under 2#s (14 weeks early).

We lived in Michigan, but went to Toronto area to watch game 6 (and 7 if necessary) of the world series.

That evening, my wife went into labor, and during the 4th inning or so, my son was born.

An hour or so after he was born, I turned on the TV and happened to watch his at bat (9th inning, 2 outs, HR to win the WS).

My son is doing well and survived months in the hospital.  Somehow, he got Joe Carter to sign that and give it to me for his 19th birthday.

That is really nice story.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Fantastic story!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Feeling the growl again

I will say this, though--would be nice to have those in the public restrooms near the start of the marathon--able to fit in a whole bunch more people than the stalls.

There is a porta-version of the trough urinal.  A marathon near here had one a few years ago...amazing how fast people flew through that thing.

As someone who cleaned bathrooms for utility money in college...in a dorm with no urinals... I can say there is a GOOD reason to have urinals vs men doing #1 in a toilet in the public restroom....the toilet seats would be covered in dried urine in short order and nobody would want to use them.  Too many men seem to thing that the toilet seats that don't connect in front mean they are good enough aim not to put them up.  Now add a little blood alcohol to the mix...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Philliefan33

My story about that game: I am a huge baseball fan in general; when it comes to the World Series, I try to make a point to watch all games in their entirety. And as you know they often go pretty late, so it can end up being a rough week for sleep deprivation. Anyway, I remember watching that game, and my eyelids were getting heavy. I saw Joe Carter coming to the plate. The next thing I remember was opening my eyes and seeing a celebration on the field. One of the greatest moments in World Series history, and despite my best efforts, I missed it.

My story about that game. It broke my heart. Here in Philadephia he's known as F*ing Joe Carter.

My story about that game. It broke my heart. Here in Philadephia he's known as F*ing Joe Carter.

Sorry Sad.

I can imagine that day sucked for Phillfan's.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I can imagine that day sucked for Mitch Williams.

FYP.

His career never recovered after that, and seemed to go off into isolation after retirement. Until he resurfaced a few years ago as a commentator on MLB Network, then we realized isolation was probably best.

Of course as a fan of the Cubs (who incidentally traded away Joe Carter as a rookie), I have no sympathy for fans of any team who have actually won a World Series sometime in the last 105 years. Which is pretty much all of them.

Dave

Revenge of the Nerd

So I took the day off from work yesterday to drive the DW up to Spokane for a Dr's visit. Afterwards we went to lunch at a brand-new restaurant she's been wanting to try. I needed to visit the men's room briefly after we were seated, and was shocked to see there was no urinal in it - two stalls, but no pisser!?!?  

Spokane:  Raising the bar (and hopefully the seat) with the latest in lavatory luxury.

Maybe they're catering to the transgender crowd, or just trying provide some privacy in our camera-crazed society.

Another trend I've noticed is the proliferation of water-free urinals.  They sound great from a sustainability standpoint but what, if any, are the unintended consequences?

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Walk-Jogger

Spokane:  Raising the bar (and hopefully the seat) with the latest in lavatory luxury.

Maybe they're catering to the transgender crowd, or just trying provide some privacy in our camera-crazed society.

Another trend I've noticed is the proliferation of water-free urinals.  They sound great from a sustainability standpoint but what, if any, are the unintended consequences?

Our local food Co-op which is actually across the border in Moscow has a water-free urinal, and what I have always noticed about it is how much more it stinks compared to a regular one.

Retired &  Loving It

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As opposed to some of the old trough ones I remember, in which the water never stopped flowing.

There are a couple of old-school spots in SF where they fill the urinals with ice -- odor control I guess.