Any (studio) photobugs out there? (Read 557 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ps. why on earth does the market lean towards photoshop? Paint shop Pro does all the same stuff as far as I can tell....
    I don't think PSP has the same RAW support though, does it? PS is really designed for professional photographers, while PSP is geared more towards graphic artists. PS has been around a lot longer, too, I think...so there are people who have been using it since version 1 and have grown along with it. There is also no PSP for Mac and a LOT of photogs use Mac. The Art and Photography depts at my alma mater used only Mac OS (not sure if they use PCs and Macs, now), so Macs are still pretty much the ruling OS in that world. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

I thought PSP processes raw format (I think it was an addition to one of the more recent versions of PSP). I'm on a PC, and was on a budget, so PSP was the way to go. While I'd love to switch to a mac, all my programs are PC format and it would cost way too much to switch platforms at this stage. Sad
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        I have a couple of Alien Bee strobes and I didn't have much difficulty learning with them. I'm not sure what type of shooting you're planning on doing, but stopping fast motion with them is a hang-up. To me, stopping motion didn't matter as I was just trying to get the basics down, so I wanted a stationary or slow-moving subject. Now that I've got some of this figured out, I'm drooling over some Dyna-Lites. A couple of the many places I learned at: www.fredmiranda.com www.strobist.blogspot.com

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahh...yes, Fred Miranda has some really great tutorials for everything! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

thanks for the links - I had found strobist and bookmarked it for reading. I think I may well go for the alien bees - I am doing product shots, so the items are definitely stationary Wink
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry