Facebook - Wall Posts (Read 1066 times)

Why is it sideways?

He is an amazing MARATHONER. (inside joke)

Kalsarikännit

He is an amazing MARATHONER. (inside joke)

You know he did well at shorter distances before he ran the marathon, right?

MTA:  Nice find on the interview.  Hysterical, especially the throwing out the first pitch part.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

But now so many people go where they are going, their ears plugged and their eyes down and on a little screen.

Many while driving a car.  What a talented bunch we humans have become.

Not at it at all. 

Why is it sideways?

Ha, yep it's all there. He's really a 5 miler more than anything. And yes, that interview is hilarious.

Anyhow....I like seeing RunningAhead log posts on FB.  I like that it is a way to advertise the website for those who may not know about it.  I like that it is another kind of daily motivation to get out there and get some miles in.  I also like commenting on log posts when someone had a good run, and when people comment on my log posts. 

Me, too. I like seeing how others are doing. These are among my favorite FB status updates.  I choose not to post my own workouts to FB, though. Not sure why, but I think it's because it gets me self conscious about my training and I try to avoid my own obsessive tendency to get too keyed into a given workout.  

I actually don't like posting race goals anywhere, either. It makes me a little more tense before a race.  But, as Jeff alluded, I think sharing these things is part of being a member of this funny community of ours.  

If I'm honest, though, when I have a breakthrough race and someone else congratulates me on my FB wall, it makes me happy.  I appreciate the acknowledgement. 

I tend not to update my status because, I rarely have a moment where there is one thing that I think would be of interest to such a variety of people.  Kind of why I get stuck on the blogging front, too.  But, then it brings us back to "self."  I guess all these things are an expression of self.  I agree with WG. Tanya and bloggers at her level tend to succeed because they write about themselves in a way that's engaging.  It's not only "Look what I can do," but also "Whoops, look what I just did." 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jfa

I'm on there mainly because I have 6 siblings and their families, all in other states than mine. It's great for birthdays too.

I didn't really post much in the past, and lately even less because somehow it advertises all that I look at and read.

I just could not believe that that transgender person was not a real woman, but do you have to tell everyone that I looked at that link!?!