>Health and Nutrition>This running business is gonna make me fat!!!!!
'07: 1324.5 | '08: 1561 | '09: 1810.9 run ~ 208.7 bike | '10: 1,000.3 run ~ 3513.5 bike | '11: 710.3 run ~ 4157.9 bike '12: 659.9 run ~ 3365.6 bike (100% benched by ortho last 4.5 weeks while in long-arm cast)
• DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!!!
• get within 5#s of 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)
• 1st olympic distance duathlon
• 1st Iceman Cometh mtn bike race
• Half Fanatic
• punch Type 1 in the junk
I am sure someone will chime in with what you should eat more of and all that jazz but I don't think you should be worrying about anything unless you start rapidly gaining tons of weight.
well I for one will e interested to see what people have to say. I started running to lose weight, and it's uh...not working.
I'm running somewhere tomorrow. It's going to be beautiful. I can't wait.
Resist the urge to eat more to compensate for your running. If you are hungry, you need to treat this as any other appetite. All the usual stuff applies -
- eat high fiber, highly filling, low calorie foods (beans, fresh fruit and vegiies)
- don't eat too many carbs
- don't eat until you are full, just until you are no longer hungry
- only eat at meals and maybe one healthy snack (fresh fruit or veggies only) between meals
- put your bigger meals early in the day
When do you run in relation to your meals?
Kate, why is that? We get hungry if we run in the morning. Now that i think about it, the few times i've gone out in the early evening, i haven't come back famished. That's weird!!
© 2013 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved.