Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Ojo

My streak is still active but my legs are really starting to feel it. I'm hoping they can hold up for the duration!

You will find you have good days and bad.  Right now I am feeling particularly tired . . . and I have a marathon Saturday.  Sad  It also depends on general health and sleep for me.  At any rate, it will be an challenging race for me.

Sara

MM #2929

Mmmmm...beer

16 days and had a great run this morning!  112 miles so far.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

You will find you have good days and bad.  Right now I am feeling particularly tired . . . and I have a marathon Saturday.  Sad  It also depends on general health and sleep for me.  At any rate, it will be an challenging race for me.

+1.  I haven't streaked anywhere near as long as Ojo, but in any training, you have good days and bad.  Streaking just makes days that would be rest more obviously bad Smile.  

I also think it makes it even more important to listen to your body.

Run easy, everybody Smile.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Feeling the growl again

10 days and 124 miles...still running a bit behind the pace I need for 400 miles this month, we will see.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ckerr1999

My longest streak ever. 16 days, 57.9 miles. Only started running this past August. Hoping December will be my first 100 mile month. So far 25.4 miles since Dec. 1...

Seanv2

Today was the first day where I considered missing the run.  One mile, at 10:30 at night ,is definitely stupid, not no one said running (never mind streaking) was smart.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

A Saucy Wench

I considered skipping today as my foot hurt yesterday, but I dont think it is running related.  I am going to stick to the softer TM for a day or two.  It felt better this morning, hurt a little after my run but still not as bad as yesterday.  hopefully I can still get in a decent longish run this weekend.

day 57 done. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

Today was the first day where I considered missing the run.  One mile, at 10:30 at night ,is definitely stupid, not no one said running (never mind streaking) was smart.

The next time someone says there "out" before the day is done they need only look to you for inspiration in their hour of darkness and the HTFU and get it done.

Day 22.  137 miles.

Was all set to head out and it started to snow!!!  Screw it.  Put on my thermals and a light jacket and got out there.

One thing that I have found is that this silly streak has forced me to run my "recovery" runs at a true recovery pace.  When you get up in the morning, and you are sore and tired, and want to get 5-6 miles just to get some blood flow going, but also know that tomorrow is tempo run (or long run or interval workout) you had better be damned sure you don't overdo it.

And so at least I am learning!

Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Getting dragged to the pub by coworkers almost spelled disaster.  But four pints on an empty stomach isn't enough to put this streak down! 

Even squeezed in an ICU (inebriated cruise interval).  

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

doctorjen

I'm a day behind, since I started the day after Thanksgiving, but this is still my longest streak ever - hit 15 days this morning.  Thinking about racing a 5K this Sunday, and then next week marathon training kicks off again.

Slo

Getting dragged to the pub by coworkers almost spelled disaster.  But four pints on an empty stomach isn't enough to put this streak down! 

Even squeezed in an ICU (inebriated cruise interval).  

Righteous.

Still going. I'm on day 67 but it wasn't an intentional streak until this Holiday Streak was issued. I haven't had to invoke the minimum run yet.

Christmas party last night made it tough to get up at 4:30am, but you guys were in the back of my mind pushing me.  Day 16 and 5 miles in.  Woohoo.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Running Rev'd

Day 22 for me. I'm running Rocket City marathon tomorrow, and I have yet to run the day after a marathon. So I hope you all will help me power through a hobbled, sore mile on Sunday.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A milestone for me!  The last gap dropped off my chart today - first time ever it has looked like this!

Sean's streak challenge is responsible. Smile