Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

doctorjen

Still chugging along.  So far the shortest run of the streak was the 5K I ran on Sunday. This coming  Monday will kick off marathon training for a spring marathon!

npaden

I broke my streak 10 days ago or so, but then broke it again yesterday. What do you guys who have kept a streak going for years do when you are sick? I had a bad stomach bug and can't imagine trying to get out and run feeling like that.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Day 22 now...almost stopped yesterday.  After working late yesterday, I sure didn't feel like coming home and running on the TM.  But I made myself do 2 recovery miles anyway.

21days down and feeling good.  They may be short runs but at least they are keeping me going.  Luv that you threw this out there Sean.  Getting my training started for 2 halfs in the spring.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Maggie & Molly

it saddens me to announce that my streak is over.  I am beyond sick, fever, can't breath, chills, headache.  You name it..  I thought about trying anyway but you need air in order to run and right now I don't have much of that.  I am really bummed since this is the first time I have ever steaked and I was feeling really strong Sad

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

it saddens me to announce that my streak is over.  I am beyond sick, fever, can't breath, chills, headache.  You name it..  I thought about trying anyway but you need air in order to run and right now I don't have much of that.  I am really bummed since this is the first time I have ever steaked and I was feeling really strong Sad

Ugh! I'm sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

Hopefully it is a quick bug that you get over fast.  

My streak ended before I could even really get it started due to sickness as well!  Woke up for a 10 mile race on Saturday and apparently the Taco Bell I ate the night before was "Toxic"...  I haven't been sick in a couple years, but as bad as I wanted to do that race, no possible way it could happen.  Recovered real quick and I was back at running by the next day (even if it was tough and I was really dehydrated), so the streak begins anew. (My goal is to do 365 days, a year straight  All of 2013 if possible, will take it a month at a time).  

Staying away from Taco Bell... .. UndecidedDisapproveDead

Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sorry, Cherrie!  Get well soon.  Streaking is stupid anyway.Evil

---- Trying to figure out why LedLincoln has no "current Streak" widget on his graphs...  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Seanv2

Streaking is stupid, its almost always a better idea to take care of an illness or an injury than to force a run. Get well soon!

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

xhristopher

Well, so far I've discovered sneaking a mile into the day can be done in street clothes w/o breaking much of a sweat when it's 35 out.
                        Slo

Well, so far I've discovered sneaking a mile into the day can be done in street clothes w/o breaking much of a sweat when it's 35 out.

I set 10 mins as my minimum to count as a loggable run. I haven't had to invoke it yet but I figured if I ever needed to it would likely be in work clothes.

Still in the game.

Intentionally Blank

While on vacation last year, I ran a mile in jeans along the walking path at the Grand Canyon.  I probably got some odd looks.  Every once in awhile, I could be doing something completely different, like walking to lunch, and I calculate whether I could run a mile right then.

npaden, I am fortunate that I have not had any serious illness since starting my streak.  But I have had 5 days in a row of one milers when feeling yucky.  I run on the treamill when I feel sick so I can keep it slow and stay in the confort of my home.  The first time I get really sick, though, I'm bailing on the streak.

xhristopher

I set 10 mins as my minimum to count as a loggable run. I haven't had to invoke it yet but I figured if I ever needed to it would likely be in work clothes.

Still in the game.

Yes, 10 is still easy. Fortunately I haven't had to resort to just a mile yet. The brief moment of fresh air and change of pace is the biggest benefit of the mid day jog. I try to make it look as if I'm running late for a meeting or something. I'm pretty much invisible in the city anyway.

I don't want to get sick. Running with a cold isn't always that bad but a stomach bug or flu can make it a tad rough.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

---- Trying to figure out why LedLincoln has no "current Streak" widget on his graphs...  :-)

As I said, streaking is stupid.  <Suppressing urge to brag on my current streak>