Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Wow, congrats on 5 years of 2000 miles. I seriously can't imagine ever hitting that number, even once! 

Day 25 finished. This week has been bad. I've lost all desire and motivation. Most of my runs have been my required 1 mile on the treadmill, but that's it. Luckily my DH got back from deployment today so he'll be around a little more to help with the kiddo. It's hard to get motivated when it takes you at least half an hour to get out the door! Usually Sunday is my "long run" day (which for me means anything over 5) but if I get at least 3 I'll be happy. 

A Saucy Wench

I am sick so I probably should have ended my streak today, however I ran an easy mile on the logic that if I am too sick to run 1 today, I am too sick to run my HM tomorrow and I am not willing to pull the plug on the HM until I see if it is in my chest in the morning. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Slo

Good luck on the HM tomorrow...you'll be fine!

Running Rev'd

Day 30.

I officiated my first funeral this morning, and it took a lot out of me. I made myself get dressed and drive to the gym because I knew I'd do at least 3 if I went to the gym vs. 1 if I just ran from home. Success. And I felt much more energized afterward.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Today marked day 26 for me. I just finished my last assignment for the semester and I'm finally over my cold, so I should be able to pick the mileage up now. I'm bummed about my craptastic mileage since I started the streak. I've had to invoke the minimum more times than I had intended, but 1 mile is definitely better than 0 miles.

A Saucy Wench

Good luck on the HM tomorrow...you'll be fine!

Well I woke up with fire in my lungs which made a HM in a 38 degree windy downpour seem less than a good idea.  No HM.  Did squeeze in the treadmill mile this evening. 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

doctorjen

I am hanging in there, too.  Finally caught the cold everyone at work has been passing around, but it meets my criteria for ok-to-keep-running in that it had been all above the neck.  Today, though, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and almost threw in the towel.  Decided to do a short treadmill run instead with the option to stop if I felt worse (but secretly I was hoping I'd start to feel better.)  Well, didn't feel worse, but sure don't feel better, either.  So for now, the streak lives, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Slo

Well I woke up with fire in my lungs which made a HM in a 38 degree windy downpour seem less than a good idea.  No HM.  Did squeeze in the treadmill mile this evening. 

Damn...sorry to hear that.

Slo

Nice job Docterjen.

The ladies are showing some pretty good tenacity.

Today will be day 44 for me. The weather's kinda gross but I'll be heading out in a few minutes for 5-7 miles. I have the day off work so I actually get to run outside during daylight hours.

A Saucy Wench

Damn...sorry to hear that.

Me too.  It was a really cute medal. 

PADRunner

Still going, 1.5 this morning for day 26.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Sorry to hear that, Ennay. I'm sure opting out of the HM was a wise decision though. I hope you feel better soon! Same for you, doctorjen! I just got over a cold myself. Not fun.

#artbydmcbride

30 days in the bag now   Cool

Runners run

I think I am at about 30 days now too.  Snowing a ton out there right now, but I kind of like to run in the first snowfall each year. 

Today's run will also get me over 2012 miles in 2012!  Just before the end of the world.

Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals