Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

xor

Sign me up. For the second year in a row, I find myself chasing the pace bunny at the end of the year, so I'll give it a shot. It might not work because I'm getting a colonoscopy on the 17th... Dead

MMmmmmmmm.

Enjoy your golytely!

Queen of 3rd Place

Yes, have heard all about the go heavily. "The night of a thousand waterfalls". OTOH I hear that the versed is mahhhhvelous.

Ex runner

dallison

registered pw

I like rest days, but i will try and run 5-6 days a week.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Where is the streak widget?

Seanv2

Where is the streak widget?

If you go to your log, click on customize in the right hand corner, its in the list of widgets you can add. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Alright. I f'n in.... maybe a challenge like this will get my lazy, fat ass in shape. But then sometimes I hate this shit, cause then when I fail at this challenge, I will crawl into a hole a die. So I guess there is only one thing to do. Reset.
              Slo

Alright. I f'n in.... maybe a challenge like this will get my lazy, fat ass in shape. But then sometimes I hate this shit, cause then when I fail at this challenge, I will crawl into a hole a die. So I guess there is only one thing to do. Reset.

Now that's the stuff.

No excuses...41 days. Go run. You will be a better runner when it's all said and done.

Define your minimum time / distance. Be prepared if sick, schedule gets upset, crappy weather, what ever...the run still has to happen.

Phil Koppess, a local from here found the time to go run 14 miles every day plus a 20 miler on the weekend while raising 2 kids as a single parent and working the swing shift at ADM. His record at the Twin Cities Marathon still stands after 27 years. You can find 10 minutes even on the worst of your days.

Seanv2

RA's own jeffdonahue has run every day since January 2007 covering almost ten thousand miles during that time.  If he can do that, I can run till New Years. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

RA's own jeffdonahue has run every day since January 2007 covering almost ten thousand miles during that time.  If he can do that, I can run till New Years. 

Jeff is ludicrously inspiring.  His commitment to taking one milers when he needs to is something I could probably learn from.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

A Saucy Wench

You can find 10 minutes even on the worst of your days.

Well, for some of us it's more like 13 minutes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

hehe....

Yes. Thank you.

Running Rev'd

Alright, I'm in. I was debating since I'm running Rocket City Marathon on December 8th, but I'm going to try. Even if it's only 1 mile for a couple of days after that. My longest streak is 100 days, which was a continuation of the RW summer streak earlier this year. Let's do this thing!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Slo

Is this the standard? Or is this based on mileage?

I used 10 mins for myself because that is the time I  force myself to do on those days I just didn't feel like running. I found once I got out there and hit the 10 min mark I felt like going farther.

Day 1 is in the books. 7 miles

Done with day 1. Only did 1 mile because it was cold as balls outside.

Running my way to being a little less fat.