Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I'm running a minimum of 1 mile a day. I want to build my miles back up to 25 or so a week. That would be easy if I put my running shoes on more than 1 or 2 times a week like I have been for most of the last year.

I started early, so this is day 6 for me. I plan on keeping this up past the holidays.

A Saucy Wench

I had already started because for the past couple years I just havent been able to like running. But I miss loving running.  I know the point of view of streaking becoming bigger than an injury or an illness, but my problem for the last 2 years at least is I take a day off because I just dont feel like running and that day turns in to 3 months.  Plus my chronic problems seem to do better with at least a little every day. 

I had done 100 days a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  I had tried streaking last year but got hung up on the fact that my first 100 day streak averaged 6.9 miles a day, and I couldnt do that.  But I was close enough to try and burned myself out.  Now I am so phenomenally out of shape that I am happy with 1.  1 is good.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I used this log over a year ago and started again this week. I had a streak of 10 days with 58 miles logged. Last month I ran 40 something.

I'm Cindy, btw.

ran 3.25 around the area this afternoon, think I hit every traffic light lol.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

This is my second year doing the streak.  Today is the first official day, but I also ran yesterday and Tuesday, so this would actually be my third day running in a row now.  My normal RD's are Monday and Friday, so forcing myself to run on those days could be challenging after a while.

Queen of 3rd Place

I had already started because for the past couple years I just havent been able to like running. But I miss loving running.  I know the point of view of streaking becoming bigger than an injury or an illness, but my problem for the last 2 years at least is I take a day off because I just dont feel like running and that day turns in to 3 months.  Plus my chronic problems seem to do better with at least a little every day. 

Same here, but raw apathy has been the norm for me most of this year. Amazing what just getting out there and oh-so-slowly trotting around for a couple miles will do for the rest of your day. 

Ex runner

xor

Man, I would love a little every day.

Ok then.

xor

Wait.  Sorry.

I forgot that we had guests this week.

Maggie & Molly

is it too late to join in (and also be a day late - starting tomorrow am?)  I need something to help me stay focused with the coming cold temps!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Yeah, count me in too.  A little extra motivation to keep going on those crummy weather days can't be a bad thing.

And got my run in for today already.

ckerr1999

Count me in. Will keep my focused through the holiday seasion, and as the cold weather sets in

cliffordtbrd

I'm 4 days into my streak. Might as well keep it up through 1/1.  Smile

A Saucy Wench

Wait.  Sorry.

I forgot that we had guests this week.

Guests leave.  If they are here to stay they might as well see it like it is.  No bait and switch here. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'm in. I'm having a hard time getting motivated these days - and I'm a body in motion stays in motion kind of runner...

Seanv2 - I changed my screen name back to Montco, because it is too damn long as my full name, Rob Montgomery. Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to edit that first page.

Running my way to being a little less fat.