Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Day 22 for me today. Went for a nice 11.5 miler this morning.

Sigh. My shins are the boss of me, and they said I can't run EVERY day. At least not right now.
      cmarkrun

Day 7 for me today

Seanv2

Well I am pooped and drinking beer instead of running today.  And here I thought vacations were supposed to be restful and time to do things you enjoy (like running).  So with today and the next three days likely off committed to another hobby, I should be nice and rested for the 400 mile December I committed to in another subforum challenge.  That should be interesting, considering I have one more work trip yet this year.

A four hundred mile month is some serious running, something tells me you're going to be running almost everyday in December.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Intentionally Blank

8 today.

Easy five today, finally checking in.  Streak's @ 54 days / 495 miles.  Feeling good.  Real test will come next weekend, after a "10 mile" trail race*.  The day or two after that will likely be light.

*The 10 miler is actually 11.1, even according the RD.  This is how you know it's going to be awesome: free bonus miles.  

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Day 6, 14 miles

xhristopher

Well I am pooped and drinking beer instead of running today.  And here I thought vacations were supposed to be restful and time to do things you enjoy (like running).  So with today and the next three days likely off committed to another hobby, I should be nice and rested for the 400 mile December I committed to in another subforum challenge.  That should be interesting, considering I have one more work trip yet this year.

My highest mileage week this year was during a work trip. I really got to know fucking Helsinki. You can't spend your time with your family so why not just run?
                  Ojo

Easy five today, finally checking in.  Streak's @ 54 days / 495 miles.  Feeling good.  Real test will come next weekend, after a "10 mile" trail race*.  The day or two after that will likely be light.

*The 10 miler is actually 11.1, even according the RD.  This is how you know it's going to be awesome: free bonus miles.  

I generally do a 1 mile run the day after marathons/50k races.  You will be surprised how much quicker you recover after streaking for awhile.

Sara

MM #2929

I generally do a 1 mile run the day after marathons/50k races.  You will be surprised how much quicker you recover after streaking for awhile.

I've ran the day after all three of my marathons.  I've convinced it helps me rebound quickly, too.  It's the "staircase of quad pain" at the race that I'm worried about.  Twice.  That and my propensity to trip.

But you're right, if it takes just a mile, it'll be just a mile.  

Most often, though, I like to be out for 40-ish minutes.  I think that's my favorite run: 40 minutes, easy effort.  

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

Hoodoo Guru

Yesterday was my soccer clubs alumni soccer game. I have not touched a soccer ball in two years. The game was a blast, but this mornings run was painful as I was sore from head to toe. No way I would have run today without this challenge.

The tangents are moot.

Day 4 is done.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Not much time again for me, too much family stuff and rolled out of bed late, ran next door for 3 on the TM.

Feeling the growl again

My highest mileage week this year was during a work trip. I really got to know fucking Helsinki. You can't spend your time with your family so why not just run?

Depends on your work.  Most of mine requires 14-18hr days when I am traveling.  Two trips in a month international schedules that pretty much made it impossible to run the outbound and inbound days.  Yes I know Vienna very well now...did my only 30 mile workout there.  Got in a 16-miler in Dublin by doing 20 3/4 mile laps around a block.  Ugh.

Yet, I did not do awful either of those weeks.  Just not what I would have liked them to be.  This past week was a family vacation; I have 3 young kids, so a run anytime but early AM means my wife gets to try and juggle two toddlers and an infant around the pool/beach by herself.  So I did pretty well knocking out a good AM run most days, but doubling was impossible.  A couple days I just could not find time to make it happen.  After a certain point, my wife did her time supporting more meaningful running exploits years ago so I have limits on how much I am willing to inconvenience her now.

I am actually pretty proud of my November numbers.  As pathetic as they are, taken in context I did very well to get in what I have.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

not that much older Roll eyes

Younger than some.