Sports Bra Chaffing (Read 2923 times)

Yep, happens when they get older.  

So... my method goes something like this... wear a good bra.  I prefer cw-x because it seems to work well.  If you start to chafe but it didn't use to wearing the same bra, it is time to get another one.

I use body glide and sports shield as well.  If there is an area where a seam always gets you, try the using "liquid bandage" on it.  Also, if you are running for a long time, make some adjustments once in a while.  It helps.

I ran a 50K  on Saturday.  It rained the entire day.  I had zero issues.  It used to be that 15 miles with no rain would lead to problems so this method seems to work for me.  Good luck!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

TammyinGP

I have a permanent darkening of my skin from the band area repeatedly chafing me in the front. body glide, when I remember to use it, prevents chafing for me. Even my newer nike running bra that has a wider flat band will cause chafing on long runs.

Tammy

Well, I guess it's time to buy new bras, and some body glide.  

- Anya

Best Present Ever

There's nothing quite like that feel of shower water hitting a previously undiscovered chafed part.  Yowza!  I wish the damn bras weren't so expensive ...

+1, +1

There's nothing quite like that feel of shower water hitting a previously undiscovered chafed part.  Yowza!  I wish the damn bras weren't so expensive ...

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Maggie & Molly

as I've recently learned.  All of a sudden I'm chafing like crazy.  ugh

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'm in 100% agreement.   Bras are not in my budget right now.   I'm just wondering how I can run tomorrow.   Right now, I have my regular bra over a cotton tank top.  Geesh, it's awful.   

- Anya

I'm in 100% agreement.   Bras are not in my budget right now.   I'm just wondering how I can run tomorrow.   Right now, I have my regular bra over a cotton tank top.  Geesh, it's awful.   

I have to do this alot, but use a synthetic vest top, both for running and for under my regular bra. 

It sucketh and makes people laugh at me when I forget and take off my jumper.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TammyinGP

good sport bras are pricey!

but keep your eye out at discount places like TJ Maxx or Ross. Every now and then I'll see some nice Nike ones there for around $15 or so, that would normally be around $40+.

Tammy

Am I doing this right?

This thread could really use some pictures...I'm just sayin'.

No excuses....

sincerely silly

good sport bras are pricey!

but keep your eye out at discount places like TJ Maxx or Ross. Every now and then I'll see some nice Nike ones there for around $15 or so, that would normally be around $40+.

I've had luck with some wicking Champion brand ones I got from Costco.  Gonna get more when I get the chance to replace my entire sports bra wardrobe.  But I can't claim that I ever had a recurring chafing problem!  They were just much better than the other ones I've had. 

shin splints are my nemesis

juniordo1

Hi All, I'm not new to running, however I'm upping my milage to compete in a half marathon and I have a problem with the bottom band of my sports bra chaffing. I'm not sure what to try but the more I run, the worse it gets and I'd hate to have that be the thing that stops me from the half this fall. I did a search on Bra here and wasn't sure why in all the forums there's no mention, I can't be the only one out there! Sam

My wife swears by Lanacane anti-chafing gel. It rubs in completely and doesn't make a mess.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

Perky

Perky

I've found that the chaffing decreases if I turn the thing inside out.  All the seams are next to your skin.  If you turn it inside out the seams are away from you.  It has worked great for me.

running yogi

I have to wear 2 bras, so i can never avoid it. I use bodyglide and it serves well. I have used vaseline too with success. It is a goopy mess, but it does wash off easily.

Old bras sometimes have this effect - but for me I find its putting on weight that does it.  Lose weight again and it stops.

I use vaseline to prevent it (and weightwatchers!)