Whoofen - no responses expected (Read 706 times)

Mishka-old log

Just venting here... What in the blazes does this mean? This is what has always frustrated me in studying the disciplines of management and marketing. Does this really mean something, or are we just trying to get our name on something that will be published? "When vertical integration exists within a firm and when analysis of the industry structure and the core competencies varies among the activities in the value chain, segmentation analysis, which takes a loook at the competitive advantages that exist in the various segments, is often helpful." Holy crab crayfish! A business buzzword tossed salad! Do I need to understand this, or just regurgitate it?
      2009: BQ?
      Mishka-old log

Thank you! This is part of CPA exam preparation. Was the bar exam this bad?
          Was the bar exam this bad?
          Ohhhh yeah ... not so much with the buzzword stuff, but property law (derived from fuedal times with a bunch of archaic terms) and ucc articles 3 and 4 (banking law, more or less) was an absolute bitch. Hang in there --- when is the exam?
          Mishka-old log

Hang in there --- when is the exam?
            4 parts July 27 - passed, flying colors August 28 - passed, flying-er colors October 29 - score pending, not favorably anticipating November 30 - currently trying to rationalize its inappplicability to the profession
            Mishka-old log

Ohhhh yeah ... not so much with the buzzword stuff, but property law (derived from fuedal times with a bunch of archaic terms) and ucc articles 3 and 4 (banking law, more or less) was an absolute bitch.
              "Adverse possession" Was that one of those archaic terms? I love that one. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and camp out here for a while. Go ahead and try to kick my ass out. Pretty soon this little plot will be mine, so it doesn't matter anyway."

Swadvad

"Adverse possession" Was that one of those archaic terms? I love that one. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and camp out here for a while. Go ahead and try to kick my ass out. Pretty soon this little plot will be mine, so it doesn't matter anyway."
                If I am trying to kick your ass out, it ain't adverse. You have to be more sneaky and possess it without my knowledge. Either that, or I'm just too lazy to mess with you, then after 7 years, it's yours. The law seems to encourage dishonest gain. My wife took the CPA exam about a year after I took the Bar Exam. From what I could tell, I would take the Bar any day over the CPA. CPA is brutal! My wife was a straight A student and it took her twice to pass all the parts. Good Luck!
                  I hate Blackacre.
                  Mishka-old log

If I am trying to kick your ass out, it ain't adverse. You have to be more sneaky and possess it without my knowledge. Either that, or I'm just too lazy to mess with you, then after 7 years, it's yours. The law seems to encourage dishonest gain.
                    Yeah, I was shaky on the details of that section...that's the one I'm really nervous to get the results for. I hear the CPA compared the bar often. Many people who've taken both say one's harder, others say the other. I guess it depends on personality. The CPA exam wasn't always able to be split into individual sections either. Until 2 or 3 years ago, candidates had to take all 4 parts in one shot. Talk about brutal!
                    Mishka-old log

I hate Blackacre.
                      More than "widgets"?
                        If I am trying to kick your ass out, it ain't adverse. You have to be more sneaky and possess it without my knowledge. Either that, or I'm just too lazy to mess with you, then after 7 years, it's yours. The law seems to encourage dishonest gain.
                        Meh, I think it's more that property law favors use ... if you own land and aren't doing anything on it (living, working, growing stuff, etc.) AND you don't know someone else is living on it .... the law would perfer it go to the squatter, who is using the land. In Maryland, the time is TWENTY YEARS to gain land by adverse possession. Blackacre is a horrible place --- as is Whiteacre, Greenacre, and whateverthefuckelseacre is in the fact pattern.

Another Passion

Tricia, Esq., you need to update your profile gf! Big grin

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My dogs are fast, not me

So happy I never have to sit for the exam again! Big grin Good luck! I still get sick to my stomach if I think about the testing center where the exam was held.

Robin