Resting Heart Rate? (Read 620 times)

ScuderiaBirel

Nxt Amrcn F1 Chmp

Hey guys! does your resting heart rate directly link to the health of your heart? also what do you think a 16 year old male could get down to? Im at 47BPM but think i can go much lower, maybe in to the high 30's? Thanks for your input!!! Big grin
    "You cannot be afraid, if you are afraid you shouldnt be in racing" Luca Luhr

Just Be

Your low resting heart rate depends on a lot of factors and, although it can generally serve as a rough indicator of your overall heart health, it should not be relied upon as an exclusive benchmark, since any number of pathologies could cause the same. How much exercise have you done in the past? If not much, I would highly recommend that you request your primary send you to a cardiologist to get a comprehensive evaluation of your heart and capability to exercise.
        Genetics and cardiovascular conditioning have the biggest influence on your resting heart rate. The actual number is not as important as how much change you see in it. I have a RHR in the high 40's and I'm 53 years old. Before I started running it was in the high 60's. How much change you see in your will depend on where your conditioning is now and how much you can improve it. Tom