two minor health issues (Read 639 times)

1) A couple days ago I had an unfortunate run in with a door knob. It hit me in the right thigh, and there was some bruising. Mainly I experience a little pain going down stairs. Other than taking the elevator, any suggestions? 2) Half of the nail on my big toe came off. It was cracked and that half came off, and surprisngly painlessly too. For a little while I put a bandaid on it but when the bandaid fell off I did not replace it. It there any point to seeing the podiatrist about this? Thanks.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Giants Fan

Not sure about anything but the toenail. I've lost two..never seen a podiatrist for it, they grow back. Good luck! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Bugs

It there any point to seeing the podiatrist about this? Thanks.
        He'll probably make you buy orthotics. Just kidding. Think you will be fine.

Bugs

A is A

On #2: I have had so many "Grand Canyon Toes" I stopped counting (avid hiker and geophysics major). You don't really need to see a doctor unless you think it's gotten infected. Otherwise just wait for the nail to plop off and keep the area clean.

Ostrich runner

Don't worry about the toe. I've gotten alot of deep thigh bruises playing rugby and soccer--they suck, and sometimes get knotted up with sprinting. Keep running if you can, and once any and all bruising is gone you can kneed it out.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum