What constitutes a run during a running streak? (Read 1244 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Just curious to see what ppl would count as a run if trying to run everyday for a running streak ( Evil grin not that kind of streak but rather ## days in a row....).

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Was it all a dream?

I'd say at least 3 miles.
      jeffdonahue

Nope, it is only one mile. According to the website http://www.runeveryday.com it is just one mile. I have actually set up a user group for it at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/ Come check it out. I am at just over 200 days. One member is over 2 years, but many have had to restart once or twice. Basically what I did is to make any day that I typically would not have run at all a 'one mile' day (though now I tend to do about 1.5-2 miles on those days) so your body still gets some rest. YOu just have to put in one easy mile.

Non ducor, duco.

I'd say at least 3 miles.
          If this is just a tally of opinion then Im with Schneidr. 3 miles.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The major streak organizations require a mile.
            xor

One mile. But to be a real streak, you have to do it naked.

Imminent Catastrophe

One mile. But to be a real streak, you have to do it naked.
                No offense but, eeewwwww....

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

JakeKnight

Bare minimum 3 miles. Should probably be 4 miles.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

1 mile......but should there be a maximum time to cover the mile?

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Why 4? or 3? Just curious... I actually had been thinking 3 but if one is all I need I can limp that off even with a torn ACL (hope this never happens). Didn't realize there was actually a website dedicated to running streaks...

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)
                      dfffff

I consider 3 miles to be a run.
                          It's harder than you think, I tried and made it to 89 days before I had to pack it in. Life gets in the way, sometimes weather, sometimes just plain fatigue....the I don't care I'm not going to run today. Big props to anyone that can last a year

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Menace to Sobriety

I think it takes at least 20 minutes to get anything out of it.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Define: anything. If your goal is to get a fitness or training benefit, then you need a good 20 minutes. If your goal is to keep a running streak alive, it may require less.
                              Lane

No pun intended.