Does your nose clog up when running outside? (Read 1520 times)

evtish

Every time I run outside, after about a mile, my nose starts clogging up really bad, making it hard to take in air. I have to clear them out constantly, like every 1/2 mile or so. It's really annoying. I thought it was due to winter running, but it's been happening all April, even during nice 60+ degree weather. At the weekly race I run, I haven't seen the other runners spitting and snotting like crazy. Does this happen to other people? Am I experiencing allergies? If so, what can I take to keep my sinus's clear? especially during a race. Besides being totally gross, I don't want to accidentally hit BadDawg during the next race. Big grin Suggestions appreciated, Tom
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't plug up, but my nose does start to run...like a faucet. All Winter long I run with a cotton hanky/snot rag. As the weather warms up the snot starts to reduce in volume...just in time for sweating to take over. So the hanky is always with me on any run, year-round.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Yes. It usually runs down the back of my throat and makes me gag. Any sinus spray works for me.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It usually runs down the back of my throat and makes me gag.
          It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't even have to make the joke.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't even have to make the joke.
            Shocked
              Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                I don't plug up, but my nose does start to run...
                I think it would be worse if you started to run and your nose didn't come with you.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, RA is even wittier than usual today! Cool
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think it would be worse if you started to run and your nose didn't come with you.
                    Is your refrigerator running? Well, you'd better go catch it! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Is your refrigerator running? Well, you'd better go catch it! Shocked
                      *rimshot*

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mine doesn't clog, it runs like crazy. I used to take a paper towel, but it was soaked throughouly before I was 1/2 done. So now I just blow snot rockets when there is a break in traffic...

Oh Mighty Wing

My nose runs the whole time - quite annoying. And at the same time a blessing because I haven't had a sinus infection since I started running, but if I take a week off my nose clogs up!
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

My nose very rarely clogs or run. I do get a frog in my throat most days while I'm running, though.

Double IPA Please!

My nose runs.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

No Mine starts running really badly. I usually end up with snot rockets all the way down the area of which I am running Cool = Snot Rockets

PR's
                                800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07