Who will be running on the Christmas Holidays? (Running with a Christmas Hat on?) (Read 560 times)

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Yes, I'll be running! I am excited to take advantage of being able to run in the daylight on a weekday.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Sharz96

I'll be running Christmas morning, just three miles, no Christmas hat

Jeff F

Free Beer

Yes, I will be running...hope I can find my Santa hat.

RunsWithDog

I'll be running on x-mas eve (4 mile easy/recovery) and x-mas day (12x400 intervals, 8 miles total) so long as everything goes according to plan. I allow for the possibility that things won't work out on x-mas day, in which case I'll move Wednesday's rest day to Tuesday and rearrange stuff. But, I hope not to get off schedule, and I think I should be able to get in the run in the afternoon after the present-opening is done and while the kids are setttled in playing with their loot.

Last year, my husband and I took a favorite route long run on x-mas eve and a medium-long run on NY Day. Those are two of my favorite memories from last year's holidays. He couldn't do the long run with me today (he'll do his tomorrow), but I hope we can get in a long one NY weekend.

PRs: 10k 57:30, HM 2:11:12, Full 5:02:57

Next Up: HM 1/6/13 & Marathon #3 3/24/13

Training Plan Right Now: Hansons Brothers Beginner Marathon Plan

I don't understand the question.  Don't you run every day?  Christmas is just another day on the calendar, and a good one for a long run since you probably don't have to work.

On holidays, the only thing that changes about my running is, being that I'm "back home," I get to log miles with my Dad, which is pretty awesome.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

I have got absolutely nothing to do on Christmas... so I guess I will at least go for a run. Definitely no hat though.

Auhugh!!

No Santa hat but I'll run with Christmas cheer for my scheduled 4 mile run after I've placed the turkey in the oven.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

A Saucy Wench

Really the only question is do I try to get in the run before the kids wake up and start the insanity or run later when I will probably be filled with sweets and bacon and alcohol.

I dont have a santa hat.  I have a santa bikini but NOBODY wants to see that.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Clumsyanne

Queen of Clumsiness

This year Xmas day is marked as a  rest day in my  training schedule for the Brighton (UK) marathon. But as I've developed a a tradition of running on Xmas morning  I'll be going out for a short run with my Shanta's hat on and saying 'Merry Christmas' to everyone I run past..

I often take Monday off, but I might run today as I had an unscheduled rest day on Saturday. Don't care if I don't, though. I will run on Christmas Day, though, because it's my one-year anniversary with my Garmin. ♥

old woman w/hobby

Most likely.  No hat.    

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

"Shirtless Joe"

A hat for the ears, but not a Santa one.  I run holidays or not.  Ijust arrange my schedule so not to interfere with family.Running later today.  But being off today, I thought I wait for temps to rise a little.  Wink

Joe

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum

Gettysburg Marathon North vs.South April 26th 2015 (4:05:20)

Chasing the Unicorn Marathon August 16th, 2015

Monster Mash Marathon October 17th, 2015

Philadelphia Gore-Tex Marathon November 22, 2015

I will try not to be a smart arse but why wouldn't I be running over the holidays ? Given all the extra eating it is even more important to stay active. As for the hat, I always where a hat. It's cold here and cold at home in Vermont. Plus my hair is not what it used to be. I need a hat. Usually a balaclava too. If it is  a holiday I guess I will call it a holiday hat. I am visiting family in Michigan so will be running in the Auburn Hills area for the holidays.

Old, Slow, Happy

Even though my knee is not working very well, I will be running the Midnight Special 5K in Whitehouse, Ohio on New Year's Eve at 11:45 pm.  Then I will run the Hangover Classic 5K on New Year's Day at 11:45 am in Monclova, Ohio.  I not wear a Santa hat, but I might wear my party hat.  If you're around, come on out and run!!

I don't know. Yesterday, I saw someone running in a full Santa outift. He waved and it made me smile. I was on my way to a funeral and not in a very good mood.

Merry Christmas, everyone.