best handhelds and/or belts (Read 841 times)

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

I have started running longer than I can without water, and so I am looking around for a good handheld bottle or hydration belt. I am concerned about bouncing with the belts; which leads me to think i'm in for a handheld. what is your favorite belt or handheld? know of any belts that are actually comfortable?

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." -James 1:2-4

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I vote Amphipod for both.  I really like their Full-Tilt belt models and their handheld is really comfortable, too.  Those flattish bottles are good.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I like the Amphipod handhelds.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I tried a number of belts before settling on the Fuel Belt Helium 4.  Love it.  I think the distribution of the smaller bottles helps a lot.  It's the first hydration belt I'll actually use.  I save it for my longest runs and trails.

My handheld is an Ironman Speed Sip.  Never had a problem with, though I did stash one along the path for a 24-mile run once.  And it got stolen.  Apparently, people like them. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

xor

I hate the amphipod bottles.  SO THERE.  (honestly: the tops don't thread right, for me at least, and they leak on me. A lot.)

I like the Ultimate Direction bottles with the fun red nipple things.

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

That's funny because I really liked Amphipods stuff, especially their handhelds. do you have the 20oz. one or the small one? (10 oz?) and which full-tilt model do you have?

Thanks for the help! 

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." -James 1:2-4

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

I hate the amphipod bottles.  SO THERE.  (honestly: the tops don't thread right, for me at least, and they leak on me. A lot.)

"the fun red nipple things"?? haha, people on other forums think their funny, or they hate them. what model (UD) bottle do you have and in what size?

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I have an Ultimate Direction also and although the red nipple thing can be fun, I find it's a little harder to drink from when tired.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's funny because I really liked Amphipods stuff, especially their handhelds. do you have the 20oz. one or the small one? (10 oz?) and which full-tilt model do you have?

Thanks for the help! 

I have the 20oz handheld, but also a couple of their 10oz bottles, since they fit nice in a jersey pocket if I want a small quantity of something in addition to what's in my bottle cages on my bike.

The belt model is the one with just a single sorta spandex-y pocket.  I could cram a lot of crap in that pocket.

~ Sarah Kay

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

WANG says the Amphipod handhelds leak for her. have you had any problems with them leaking? how does the nipple thing on the UD's work? (talking to saints guy, sorry forgot to quote)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had no leakage issues with the bottles...though the tops really are a bit tricky to get on well.  Keeping that in mind probably is why I've not had issues.

~ Sarah Kay

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

I've had no leakage issues with the bottles...though the tops really are a bit tricky to get on well.  Keeping that in mind probably is why I've not had issues.

so do you run with any of these amphipod belts/bottles?

xor

Well, sure. 

And it is not what I want to be thinking about at an aid station in the middle of the night.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I haven't had any problem with my Amphipod leaking.

The spout on the UD is a bite type. You bite down on it and either squeeze the bottle or suck on the spout. Nice thing is you don't need to use your other hand. Bad thing is sometimes it takes more than one try to get the right flow.