6 Month RAnniversary (Read 650 times)

Beware, batbear...

Well, I'm currently on the IR with a foot, but I hope to be back at it next week.  Still, 6 months and I love running.  I hope I can keep it up through the cold months.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Well, I'm currently on the IR with a foot, but I hope to be back at it next week.  Still, 6 months and I love running.  I hope I can keep it up through the cold months.

Bat,

Good job keeping at it .. but Please remember slow and steady wins the race.  Two trips to th eIR in 6 months is 2 too many .. right.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Beware, batbear...

Yeah, Buckeye, it's weird.  Both injuries have been on my left side too, which is the opposite side from which I had ACL replacement during my football days.  I'm wondering if there's not some sort of hitch in my giddy-up, but more than likely it comes from trying to squeeze a couple of extra miles in to busy weeks.

The doctor only ordered a week off, but with the caveat that if my foot was still hurting to come back for an MRI.  The foot is quite a bit better though.  Not totally healed, but better.  

Josh

Josh,

The doc told you to get back in the game within a week and also that it might hurt enough to require an MRI?

Seems like if it's a situation where an MRI might be called for, then a) a week is not enough or b) an MRI is overkill. 

Of course, listen to him over me, but just a thought.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Beware, batbear...

Thanks Nader...yeah, it was not what I would call a very informative trip to the doctor.  My normal doc couldn't get me in until the next day and I had rehearsal and yada yada yada.

So I went to urgent care.  The doctor looked at X-Rays and told me he didn't see anything.

I walked today pain free so I'm feeling like I'll give it another couple of days and then start back running with an extra light week.  Pull a couple of those and then maybe add some mileage.

What do you think?