If you could go for a run as any animal in the world . . . (Read 602 times)

JimR

Sloth.

Wouldn't mean much to me but the sloth would be ecstatic

flatland mountaineer

Pronghorn Antelope. The distance/speed champ

My WYO college rodeo buddies and I spent the better part of a semester trying to rope one. Ultimate fail though I did get close enough to catch one.  Yah we had a plan that almost worked even with a 30 mph horse. Jackrabbits with horns...........

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

A Saucy Wench

stupid f'n pace bunny

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ultra Cowboy

I'm really studying his stride and turnover rate.  I think if I replicate it I might get a little closer to the top in my AG placings.  Anyone know how to contact him for some coaching? 

Watch him in this video....

WYBMADIITY

Save

bhearn

stupid f'n pace bunny

+1. I'll take the hurt locker bunny.

Tshel106

Mountain goat!Big grin

sugnim

I'm really studying his stride and turnover rate.  I think if I replicate it I might get a little closer to the top in my AG placings.  Anyone know how to contact him for some coaching? 

Watch him in this video....

He looks like he is having so much fun.  I think you might have to work on your tail-flicking technique to get the form right.

This reminds me of the video of the guy from Japan who spent 8 years learning how to run like a monkey & holds the world record for a human running on all fours.  Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_agjrZK5qOw

MrNamtor

He looks like he is having so much fun.  I think you might have to work on your tail-flicking technique to get the form right.

This reminds me of the video of the guy from Japan who spent 8 years learning how to run like a monkey & holds the world record for a human running on all fours.  Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_agjrZK5qOw

that guy must have a strong core. I do that for core exercise and that tightens up everything between your neck and groin.

sugnim

that guy must have a strong core. I do that for core exercise and that tightens up everything between your neck and groin.

You run like a monkey for core work?  Cool.  Do you also have a youtube video you can share?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wolf or Horse

But I would much rather be a wolf if I had to pick only one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Running isn't stupid. In fact it's the only sport that's not absurd

Man vs Horse Marathon

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

MrNamtor

You run like a monkey for core work?  Cool.  Do you also have a youtube video you can share?

i just saw this even though you posted it 2 months ago.

Bear crawls. Good for the core. Sort of like running like a monkey but without the "ooo ooo" sounds.

Dream Maker

I'm going to stick with human.

I'm pretty slow but at least when I run now, nothing ever tries to eat me.

jaguar

coolest cat around - even if they are just laying around doing nothing

A hyena. They can run for miles. Bit scary though, the way they hunt in packs & chase all day.

"Grasshopper-notice that the supple bamboo yields to the wind, yet does not break."