RA Update (Aug 15) (Read 3515 times)

eric :)

nope, sorry. tried using FF3.6.8 and IE8.

I'm in modify mode when I try this. and I have tried to do this with the whole table selected and editing a single cell too. but no dice.

all it says is insert table and asks for columns etc.

the table is here

ipdove,

I enabled the context menu on the table.  You just right click anywhere in the table and the menu should pop up.  You should be table to do what you need from there.

ipdove,

I enabled the context menu on the table.  You just right click anywhere in the table and the menu should pop up.  You should be table to do what you need from there.

Yipeeeeee! thanks Eric you're a star.

darkmatter

Stats Widget's Pace
        The pace calculation for the summary page's stats widgets is now correct.  It is calculated only for workouts with both distance and duration.

The Rolling Run Totals and Monthly Run Totals both work perfectly, but the Overall Run Totals still calculate pace incorrectly if any runs do not include a time.

Most of the additions/fixes are great, adding features that were exactly what I had been hoping would be coming!

The Rolling Run Totals and Monthly Run Totals both work perfectly, but the Overall Run Totals still calculate pace incorrectly if any runs do not include a time.

Most of the additions/fixes are great, adding features that were exactly what I had been hoping would be coming!

The overall values will remain incorrect because they are stored differently in order to create the page in a timely fashion.  I'll revisit this problem when I have more computing resources.

Imminent Catastrophe

+1

Love the new route finder!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prince of Fatness

I noticed now that when I insert a hyperlink you have a choice of what window to open the link in.  It defaults to the current window.  Any chance of having it default to a new window?  I think that that is how it worked before the update.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I noticed now that when I insert a hyperlink you have a choice of what window to open the link in.  It defaults to the current window.  Any chance of having it default to a new window?

+1

I noticed now that when I insert a hyperlink you have a choice of what window to open the link in.  It defaults to the current window.  Any chance of having it default to a new window?  I think that that is how it worked before the update.

You can ignore the option.  Since it's part of the software package, I didn't want to modify it.  The link will always open in a new window.

Elevation Correction for GPS Imported Workouts
                    If you have a Forerunner, you know that the elevation data is completely useless.  You can now replace the GPS measured elevation by selecting the appropriate checkbox on the import page.

eric Smile

I love the new elevation checker thingie! Approve

Minor niggle: I noticed that when I have a break in the action during my run (walking break between sets, walk into building to get drink and go out a different exit, run part of workout then move to new location for second half) ... the RA map calculates the entire mileage and elevation data in ignorance of the breaks.  My watch was stopped for them, there's no data to connect one end to the next beginning -- the RA map-inator is doing it sponstaneously.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

CliveFenster,

The software takes the data from your GPS, which consists of a series of latitude/longitude pairs, and simply connects the dots.  It doesn't know that you stopped the GPS, drove for 20 mile, and resumed your running.  I thought about this problem a while back and there really isn't an automated way of detecting this situation.  The only remedy I see is allowing you to cut out the junk and create separate workouts from a single one.

eric :-)

No problem.  For the small errors of me entering through one door and exiting through another, it's not going to change anything significantly.

And yes, my run last Sunday was in two halves with some driving in between.  Traffic was building and the shoulder was crappy to non-existent -- I had to relocate!  Blush

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau