Rain Run (Read 713 times)

Sulli42

Do you enjoy running in the rain? Why!? BTW, I love running in the rain. Blush
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I love it. Because I do. Almost as much as I love running in the snow!!
        i like running in light rain, emphasis on light. Once I got caught in this wicked rainstorm though during a long run and the wind was blowing and the rain was cold and stinging. I hated it, but ran superfast trying to get home! Yes
        running is my prozac
          I love running in the rain in the spring or summer. My husband and I agree, we run a little faster in the rain because we don't feel the heat as much. Smile Plus, it's a great excuse for stepping in puddles and coming home all muddy.

Michelle

I love running in the rain Smile One of my best runs was in the summer --- it was in the evening, humid as hell ... and the sky opened and started POURING. It was such an exhilerating run -- and my husband was waiting at home with a towel Tongue
            2009: BQ?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I usually love rain runs, though I did one about a week ago that was not quite so fun. There had been a slight drizzle all day, but for 45 minutes of my hour long run it came down pretty hard. I never knew polar fleece could be so absorbent. I probably had a good 10#s of water soaked into my clothes by the time I arrived home. Rain is great, as long as the temps are above 40ยบ. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Love it. Generally, a nice light mist is refreshing, but on the hot, humid days, I can always go for a downpour in the middle of a run. Always seems like a divine intervention to me, because it gives me a second wind at just the right time!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Love the rain. Here in the Pacific Northwest you either love to run in the rain or you don't run outside. Treadmills are boring.
                    Another vote in favor of running in the rain.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Dog-Love

Gotta love running in the rain in Juneau or you will hate running!
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        It rains in Portland, OR almost every day from October through April, and it almost never rains during the summer. I don't mind running in the rain if the following is also true: the temperature is above 60 the rain is light and not falling sideways the surface is not mud That said, I always prefer dry conditions; however, unless I want to take off half the year every year, running in the rain is a necessity.
                        Chris
                        CherryDG

I don't mind it as long as it's not a downpour. I ran a half-marathon in April where it was pouring, very windy, and the high for the day was in the mid-40s. I was a human popsicle by the time I got to my car after the race.

Sandi Sue

Gotta love running in the rain in Juneau or you will hate running!
                            Well, I guess it all depends on the rain. We here in Juneau have to endure some pretty heavy rains in September and October which we all know is when we are at our height of fall marathon training. So this fall during our longer runs it would be raining so hard that the rain drops would bounce back up about an inch or two. My feet would be cold and wet and sliding around in my wet socks and shoes. I lost two toenails and gained a blister on my insole from my feet getting so wet. It was not very fun. That's why I love to run marathons in Northern California and Nevada. It's almost always dry and cool during the race. That's all I have to say about that. Smile

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Mmm, warm rain is awesome. Even better when barefoot, because wet shoes suck but wet feet are fine.
                              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.