Newbie Just Saying Hi (Read 832 times)

Rundadrun27

I'm new to this forum, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 28 years old, and live in Winnipeg, Canada. I have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 8 and 2. I've been married for 2 1/2 years. I've always been somewhat active. I've been officiating tackle football for 11 years. I started running regularly about 1 year ago. We have a Marathon here in Winnipeg every Father's day. I'm hoping to be ready to participate in the 1/2 Marathon. Although I've been running for about 1 year, I just recently started tracking my data. Any advice from "experienced" runners is welcome.

Top 'O the World!

Just saying "Hi!" & WELCOME!!....I'm newer than you are to running Wink there is a group (several actually, I'm thinkin') for marathon trainers....just check out the "user groups" @ the top of the page
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      kcam

newbiesaywhuht ... Smile Welcome!
        CraigWG

See you father's day (I'm also running the half).
            Welcome!!! I am very new here also. I think you will love it here.

The voice of mile 18

good day eh! do you officiate NFL football or canadian football? welcome to the site and have a blast!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Brian...nice to have you here! Half marathons are awesome...my very favorite distance (so far)! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Welcome, Brian! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Welcome aboard.
                      I'm new to this forum, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 28 years old, and live in Winnipeg, Canada. I have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 8 and 2. I've been married for 2 1/2 years. I've always been somewhat active. I've been officiating tackle football for 11 years. I started running regularly about 1 year ago. We have a Marathon here in Winnipeg every Father's day. I'm hoping to be ready to participate in the 1/2 Marathon. Although I've been running for about 1 year, I just recently started tracking my data. Any advice from "experienced" runners is welcome.
                      Arrrrrrrggooooooooooossss! Welcome Brian.
                      Rundadrun27

good day eh! do you officiate NFL football or canadian football? welcome to the site and have a blast!
                        Canadian football. Played by real men, not overpaid little girls. Wink Tongue
                        Rundadrun27

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Love Milt, Canada, Glenn, and Roberts...... but I loved knocking you guys out of the playoffs even more. Big grin Wasn't so happy when the Riders ruined my Grey Cup plans...... I actually considered selling my tickets. Jason
                              Ultimately you will want to run longer than 2 miles at a pop. you might want to look online for a beginner program... how about this one... http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html at the very least it will get folks taking about your question...
                                Hey, I flew into winnipeg bear hunting last may. Very nice city. We really enjoyed the people around town... andy in MS
                                2008 Goals: Log 1000 miles Sub 4 hour Country Music Marathon on 4/26 Complete a trail 50k sometime in the fall