Goal of sub 20 5k (Read 13664 times)

At a Hampton Inn about 3 miles from the HM start in Portsmouth.

Oh, well then you need to run in Portsmouth then, which is nowhere near Wakefield, MA.  Stop by the Runners Alley store on Congress Street in Portsmouth they'll square you away on running routes.  You can probably pick up your bib and stuff there too.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

I contemplated coming to your race to say hello but it looks like a bit of a drive.  Packet pickup is indeed at Runners Alley on Saturday starting at 10.  I'll probably want to run earlier than that.  I went to their website and sent them a message asking for suggestions so I'll see what they come back with.  I'll find somewhere.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

If you want something basic from where you are you could go in the Pease Tradeport.  If you are mapping it it's the big oval across Route 16 from where you are staying. 

I'd probably be more apt to head into Portsmouth if it were me (I think you are technically in Newington) and I'd drive there because Market Street through Newington to Portsmouth is pretty heavy traffic.  There's a garage as you enter Portsmouth to the right and you can just run around on the town streets.  It will be slow w/intersections but you probably are looking to take it easy anyway. 

Or, if you are looking for something more scenic with slightly more work (driving-wise), drive yourself over to Odiorne State Park area and run along the ocean. 

That's all I got. 

Prince of Fatness

I ended up running in mall parking lots for a half hour.  Fun times.

Back on topic, I'm starting to think of what to do with myself over the winter.  I'll keep running but need something to shake the legs out every now and then.  I may have found it.  There's a 5K winter series in Reading, PA that I am thinking of doing.  Once a month December - March.  Good thing is that there is also a 10K, you just run the course twice.  It's a bit of a drive to get there but I think i'll hit a couple of these.

As much as I would like to BQ I am probably going to wait until fall to run a marathon.  I really would like to run a sub 20 5K and am thinking of focusing on that the first half of the year.

Not at it at all. 

MoBramExam

I really would like to run a sub 20 5K and am thinking of focusing on that the first half of the year.

You were right there when you had to turn your attention to the BQ earlier this year.  Now, go get it and good luck!

I ended up running in mall parking lots for a half hour.  Fun times.

Back on topic, I'm starting to think of what to do with myself over the winter.  I'll keep running but need something to shake the legs out every now and then.  I may have found it.  There's a 5K winter series in Reading, PA that I am thinking of doing.  Once a month December - March.  Good thing is that there is also a 10K, you just run the course twice.  It's a bit of a drive to get there but I think i'll hit a couple of these.

As much as I would like to BQ I am probably going to wait until fall to run a marathon.  I really would like to run a sub 20 5K and am thinking of focusing on that the first half of the year.

That sounds like a good idea. Something to keep you in touch with how it feels to race over the long winter. Guessing that could only help you to hit the ground running in the spring. No pun intended.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

TiderInsider

Add me to the list...I set a new PR (by 3:13) in a 10k this weekend (43:15). I am running the Memphis Marathon in December, but I will be trying to crack 20 sometime early next year. Hopefully I can make the graduates page.

Go Pre!

Finally

19:55

phew

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Finally

phew

I was wondering if your race was going to show up on this thread Smile Congratulations again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Finally

phew

Congratulations. I've read some of your previous race reports and think you've gone at this one with some very close attempts. Good job.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Go Pre!

Congratulations. I've read some of your previous race reports and think you've gone at this one with some very close attempts. Good job.

Since this race last year, I ran six 5Ks

20:21, 20:14, 20:09, 20:09, 20:41 (hilly) and finally 19:55

Next year I;d like to focus on more shorter races and start thinking (ouch) sub 19

Great job! Great run!

Congratulations!

Since this race last year, I ran six 5Ks

20:21, 20:14, 20:09, 20:09, 20:41 (hilly) and finally 19:55

Next year I;d like to focus on more shorter races and start thinking (ouch) sub 19

A belated congrats to you Daddyo. Just read your report. A great year for you with PR's coming in bunches.
                            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                            L2Run

RoadRunner

First of all, congrat’s to everyone who has succeeded in breaking the 20 minute mark this year.  I would like to throw my name in the hat to run under 20:00 by the end of spring of 2010.  My strategy to go sub 20 is to increase my mileage and loose some weight.  Training tips and suggestions are welcome.  My next attempt is this weekend coming up.