Rounded distance values are used on graphs (Read 477 times)

BMenees

I've recently started swimming a little and logging it. This week I logged 200m, 250m, and 200m swims. However, when I added a "Daily Swim distances" graph to my summary page, I noticed that it rounded those values to the nearest 0.1 mile. I know RA has always done that for running summary data, but I won't be swimming in 0.1 mile increments any time soon. See my "Daily Swim distances" graph at the bottom of my summary page: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/23fbfe3407d54034bb604d607cb56919 It makes the 250m swim look twice as long as the 200m swim. Evidentally, the 200m (0.124mi) is being rounded down to 0.1mi, but the 250m (0.155mi) swim is being rounded up to 0.2mi. Is there any way I can work around this? I tried setting the graph's distance units to meters and giving it an explicit range (0m - 1000m), but the output still showed in miles (presumably because my locale preferences say to use English units). If the graph is going to show miles, it would be nice if the unrounded values were passed to it instead of the values rounded to the nearest 0.1mi. That way the graph could render the unrounded values proportionally, and my 250m swim wouldn't render twice as big as my 200m swim. (And yes, I know a work around would be to just swim in 0.1 mile increments, but that's hard in a 25m pool where 6.43 lengths = 0.1mi. Wink)
    Wingz

Professional Noob

It's not exactly the same, but you could graph time swimming, perhaps...

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

BMenees, I've been toying with the idea of default unit distance for each activity. I think that will fix this problem. I've added it to my list of todos. eric :-)
        BMenees

Cool. Thank you, sir.