Running shoes for the overweight...Any Suggestions? (Read 558 times)

I am about 30 lbs overweight and looking to use my economic stimilus package to buy some new running shoes. Any suggestions that will provide the most comfort. I am 5'9" tall and wear a 9.5 shoe and I have an average or just above average foot width. My feet never hurt when run and have never hurt when I run. Right now I am just running to put some miles behind me, but in 3 months or so I might begin some speed work so my shoe needs to be adaptable to both. Also, any watch type things with a stopwatch and GPS. I run on a track or in Parks and I run/walk an hour in the morning but I always forget what lap I am on and even mile I am on...would love to have something that kept track for me so I could just listen to my music and run.
    2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
      Go to a store that caters to runners... Take in any old shoes you ran in... they will help you find the best shoe for you and let you try out as many as you would like