Beards! (Read 1076 times)

"Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
      I had one but I cut it off because it hindered my running! Actually, I got a lot of flak for it and started trimming it down at which point it didn't really look to pleasing to me.

Vim

I had one but I cut it off because it hindered my running! Actually, I got a lot of flak for it and started trimming it down at which point it didn't really look to pleasing to me.
        Ah, I understand. I've not touched mine in 47 days. I'm going for 6 months, and then I'm going to trim it up nice and long, but presentable. I grow one very similar to He's awesome. But def. grow it back, man. People are distracted by it during racing I bet!
        "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

did should join, even though he no longer runs and only bikes. This is his college graduation photo. Shortly after he started interviewing for real jobs and lost the ponytail and beard.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

DH started growing his beard in October 1998. I never liked it that much. Last February, when I got serious about losing weight, I asked him if he would cut it off if I lost 30 pounds, and he said yes. I don't think he thought I could really do it! Hee hee. On November 1, he had to cut it all off. Now he complains all the time about having to shave all the time. He does enjoy telling people who ask why he shaved it off.
              did should join, even though he no longer runs and only bikes. This is his college graduation photo. Shortly after he started interviewing for real jobs and lost the ponytail and beard.
              Wow, that is awesome. I unfortunately shaved my head and beard 2 years when I applied for a job that I later found out had no problem with having either in the first place! No
                Who is "did" though? I am not sure if that's a member name or not, i Just joined this boards and I haven't come across him yet though.
                  DH started growing his beard in October 1998. I never liked it that much. Last February, when I got serious about losing weight, I asked him if he would cut it off if I lost 30 pounds, and he said yes. I don't think he thought I could really do it! Hee hee. On November 1, he had to cut it all off. Now he complains all the time about having to shave all the time. He does enjoy telling people who ask why he shaved it off.
                  may i ask who is DH? Is he a member on here? I'm sorry, I'm still kind of new here! But boy, that's a really great story! But I really do feel that if you're going to shave, let it be at someone elses advantage. Cause I'm sure he really gave you a push to lose that weight! If hates shaving so much though, he should just grow it back Wink
                    may i ask who is DH?
                    DH means "darling husband"
                    Who is "did" though?
                    Did is Kirsten's husband - he's part of RA too. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Who is "did" though? I am not sure if that's a member name or not, i Just joined this boards and I haven't come across him yet though.
                      diddidit. He's the guy with the bicycle crank for an avatar. He posts mostly in cycling-related threads in the cross-training forum and in a couple of the user groups. He logs his rides here, even though he's not a runner. He's kind of a reformed runner. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

DH means "darling husband" Did is Kirsten's husband - he's part of RA too. Smile
                        haha, "Darling Husband" I like that! Smile
                          diddidit. He's the guy with the bicycle crank for an avatar. He posts mostly in cycling-related threads in the cross-training forum and in a couple of the user groups. He logs his rides here, even though he's not a runner. He's kind of a reformed runner. Smile
                          Oh! He should most certainly join that group! Please pass it along it to him!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

haha, "Darling Husband" I like that! Smile
                            Or dumb husband, or doofus or damned...depends upon the day. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Or dumb husband, or doofus or damned...depends upon the day. Evil grin
                              Yep! Wink
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Derek, it would be helpful if you made your training log public, so if you have questions, we can help you more. Smile