ran my first 20 miler! (Read 707 times)

I train using the Galloway method and I am truly convinced this is one of the best programs out there! I ran my first 20 miler today and although it was slow, it is something I never thought I'd do!  I'm training for the philly marathon and can't wait!
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Let me be the first to congrat you.  It is truly a great feeling isn't it.  I hope this is your first of many.
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Huge milestone...most people can't/won't run 2 miles...you ran TEN TIMES that distance!  NICE! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Awesome effort!  Keep it up.
            I train using the Galloway method and I am truly convinced this is one of the best programs out there! I ran my first 20 miler today and although it was slow, it is something I never thought I'd do!  I'm training for the philly marathon and can't wait!

Great job and accomplishment. Remember though, the "best program" is the one that works best for YOU, depending on YOUR goals. 

Congrats, it's a huge milestone for anybody. It was a really blissful moment for me Smile I did it last Friday after a month of setbacks (good and bad ones). It feels good to know I beat that distance and won't have to push it farther until November.

Beware, batbear...

Congratulations!  I ran my first 10 miler this week.  It will be a couple of months before I'm up to 20, but it's in sight!  Good luck in Philly!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

uncontrollable

Great work!  I ran Philly a few years ago - really enjoyed it.  Have fun.

peace

RunsForCake

Great job and good luck in Philly!