50 Mile Week :) (Read 860 times)

Never thought I'd see the day. But I feel really good after my first 50 mile week, not feeling any injuries looming or anything (knocking on wood. luckily it's what my desk is made of) and getting pumped for my first marathon in November. Been enjoying being able to eat regularly, and getting used to the heat and humidity in south-east tennessee. I would've done the 50 mile week last week but I'm trying not too pile on too many extra miles every week since I have so much time until the marathon. Would absolutely hate to hurt myself now that I'm enjoying it so much. Even going to take a trip to the running store for the first time in this new state and pick up some of those "near barefoot" shoes and a new pair of my beloved Wave Creations.

Oh and running with my shirt off is making me feel much more proud of all my work thus far :P Thanks for convincing me to not be a wimp and just do it. Noone in my family has ever had a 6 pack but me now.

KMB

Nice job Ken!  keep up the good, smart work!

Congrats, Ken. That is a huge milestone! Keep it up! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice job increase you mileage. However ,you may what to check the log for mikeymike ,Trent and other high mileage runners. Your runs should graph more of a wave  rather  than the diagonal line you appear to have in the last couple of weeks. Sufficient recovery is need to prevent injuries. Just a thought.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Old, Slow, Happy

Great job!! Congrats on the 50 mile week.

I would also echo runnerclay.  I increased without proper regard to rest and have been battling runners knee and patellar tendonitis for 10 months.  Just be careful.

Good Luck!!!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Note: I think that neither Trent nor MikeyMike are building up right now -- I think they're in racing season -- as am I actually (I'm a newbie compared to MikeyMike, but I do have a fair amount of mileage in this year).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

awesome!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good work!

AP, my graph is just a mess a runnin, without rhyme or reason.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

T: Your graph is the survival graph in the apocalyptic aftermath of a 42mi race falling off the graph Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.