Yurbuds -- buyer beware! (Read 211 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I bought a pair of Yurbuds headphones in Feb...haven't used them all that much until recently.  Today the right side crapped-out...clearly the wire between that earbud and the Y-controller is loose.  So I went to look at their warranty details for returning them.  I was reasonably certain that they have a good warranty.  And they do, IF one purchased from a very small list of retailers.  Which apparently I did not.  Amazon.com is NOT one of the supported retailers.

1. With the exception of select stores, Amazon is NOT an approved retailer; warranty claims will not be processed when purchased from Amazon sellers outside of the following list: Sound Earphones, Huppin's, OneCall, Wired for Less, RoadRunner, Clever Training, TriNowFitness, Paragon Sports, MobileCity, ResproMedical, World Wide Stereo and Pipeline24.

So...Yurbuds benefitted from my purchase, but I do not benefit from Yurbuds' warranty.  I guess it's time to look at other options, as Sennheiser doesn't really appear to be doing the iPhone-friendly sport models that they once developed.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I destroy every pair of earbuds I buy. If I get past six months I call it a win.

Interestingly, Yurbuds were the only pair of earbuds I've bought that didn't break. That's because they were the heaviest pair of earbuds I've ever owned. One evening when I put them in my pocket one bud must have been hanging out and caused them to slither out of my pocket. I accidentally left them behind on the train and never saw them again.

runmichigan

My wife and I have had no problems with our YurBuds in the two plus years we have owned them.  We have used them under a variety of conditions.  I purchased both pairs from a specialty running store in the Washington DC area, but since I have not had any issues I am not sure how the warranty would apply.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I destroy every pair of earbuds I buy. If I get past six months I call it a win.

Interestingly, Yurbuds were the only pair of earbuds I've bought that didn't break. That's because they were the heaviest pair of earbuds I've ever owned. One evening when I put them in my pocket one bud must have been hanging out and caused them to slither out of my pocket. I accidentally left them behind on the train and never saw them again.

Huh...and my experience with them is that they are far flimsier than the Sennheiser equivalents -- at least the cords are much thinner and clearly are the weak spot in the design.  Never got to see if they are even particularly sweat-proof.  I'm bummed that Sennheiser isn't producing updates to my last pair.  I'm going to have to scour the 'nets to see if I can find them.

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Huh...and my experience with them is that they are far flimsier than the Sennheiser equivalents -- at least the cords are much thinner and clearly are the weak spot in the design.  Never got to see if they are even particularly sweat-proof.  I'm bummed that Sennheiser isn't producing updates to my last pair.  I'm going to have to scour the 'nets to see if I can find them.

I had the Ironman series. They were big and bulky.

I've never tried Sennheiser. If someone wants to send me a pair I'll happily post a review.

I am Xhristoper - Crusher of Earbuds <<--always read this in the voice of Lothar of the Hill People

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, Lothar!!  There's a blast from the past...walking with women, walking alone. *snerk*

I think the Ironman series are the same as what I have, aside from color.  The cords are slimmer than what Sennheiser was using, at least a year or two ago.  The Y controller dealie is bulkier, however.

~ Sarah Kay

Does Amazon have a return policy?

Can you get the info as to what retailer fulfilled the Amazon order?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

runmichigan

Sometimes it pays to buy from a local store rather than Amazon . . .

DaBurger

one bud must have been hanging 

Why'd you leave your bud hanging?  c'mon X you know that's not cool

Know thyself.

MilesDog

I bought a pair of Yurbuds headphones in Feb...haven't used them all that much until recently.  Today the right side crapped-out...clearly the wire between that earbud and the Y-controller is loose.  So I went to look at their warranty details for returning them.  I was reasonably certain that they have a good warranty.  And they do, IF one purchased from a very small list of retailers.  Which apparently I did not.  Amazon.com is NOT one of the supported retailers.

1. With the exception of select stores, Amazon is NOT an approved retailer; warranty claims will not be processed when purchased from Amazon sellers outside of the following list: Sound Earphones, Huppin's, OneCall, Wired for Less, RoadRunner, Clever Training, TriNowFitness, Paragon Sports, MobileCity, ResproMedical, World Wide Stereo and Pipeline24.

So...Yurbuds benefitted from my purchase, but I do not benefit from Yurbuds' warranty.  I guess it's time to look at other options, as Sennheiser doesn't really appear to be doing the iPhone-friendly sport models that they once developed.

If you happened to use DiscoverCard to purchase, they will extend your warranty by 1 year on warranties of 36 months or less.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I hate my Yurbuds.

The cord is a nightmare of tanglement and stiffness. The ear pieces slip off the buds with annoying frequency. And, the seal sucks - allowing way too much ambient noise.

Switched to a cheap Bluetooth set and couldn't be happier.

Liz

pace sera, sera

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does Amazon have a return policy?

Can you get the info as to what retailer fulfilled the Amazon order?

Amazon generally has a 4-6 week return window, which ended in late March, IIRC.  I'm going to see about following-up with the actual retailer...though since Yurbuds won't stand behind their product sold by this retailer, I'm not holding my breath.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you happened to use DiscoverCard to purchase, they will extend your warranty by 1 year on warranties of 36 months or less.

Huh.  I'm pretty sure my Amazon Visa covered the purchase, since that's the card attached to my account, but that might be something to look into.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate my Yurbuds.

The cord is a nightmare of tanglement and stiffness. The ear pieces slip off the buds with annoying frequency. And, the seal sucks - allowing way too much ambient noise.

Switched to a cheap Bluetooth set and couldn't be happier.

And I like the ambient noise...I want to hear the zombies creeping up from behind! Tongue

Which cheap bluetooth ones did you end up with?  There are a LOT of cheap ones -- looks like maybe 3-4 different units, just rebranded by a bunch of no-name companies.

~ Sarah Kay

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I only use headphones when I'm running on my Very Loud treadmill, so I'm trying to block out the noise.

These are the Bluetooth buds. I think they were $30 when I bought them, now $16. (on my phone, so no linky)

Soundpeats QY7 v 4.1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LP6CFEC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1434045774&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=soundPEATS&dpPl=1&dpID=314nXk%2B-z6L&ref=plSrch

Liz

pace sera, sera