On Wisconsin! (Read 2075 times)

Are you sure about that?

Yep.  Our school superintendent's salary is about $140k--this is in a district with enrollment of 4,300, about 500 staff and an annual budget of $36m.  The town manager makes $130k.  There is generally one cop who makes close to 200k with OT, he works his ass off though.

mta: Not to imply that the superintendent and town manager don't work their asses off--they do--it's just that they're not eligible for OT.  Maybe they need a union.  Hah, get it?

Runners run

In Wisconsin we have 1 state employee earning $2,500,000.00 per year.  Anyone want to guess his job title?

The football coach?

Runners run

obiebyke

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

L Train

Maybe they need a union.   

Heh.

I need a union.  Then again, it's pretty much me and the face puncher and our $12,000+ health insurance premiums (and it's only that low because we have the $10,000 family deductible.  (My left arm fell off last year but it was OK,  We didn't seek medical attention + it helped with my weight loss). 

MoBramExam

2.5 million/year.  Either the football or basketball coach.  Unbelievable.  Same situation in Iowa w/ their football coach.  Cut the budgets---for everyone.

Football coach it was.  Quarterback only came in at #3.

Prince of Fatness

Heh.

I need a union.  Then again, it's pretty much me and the face puncher and our $12,000+ health insurance premiums (and it's only that low because we have the $10,000 family deductible.  (My left arm fell off last year but it was OK,  We didn't seek medical attention + it helped with my weight loss). 

Heh is right.  JC.

Not at it at all. 

Federal civilian service and even military pay is capped significantly lower than that.  

Actually, I usually use that argument to illustrate exactly that point.

I went to college with a guy whose dad was CINCPAC. As in, the entire US Military from the Mississippi to the Middle East was under his command. He made a couple hundred grand a year, too.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Heh.

L Train!  You have the same plan with the same company that we do, I'm sure (we live in the same state).  Sucks, doesn't it?  We had multiple major injuries and illnesses last year.  I will be paying Maine Medical Center $100 a month for three years (assuming nothing else doesn't happen soon, ha).

BeeRunB

This headline made me laugh:

Unrest in Iran, Algeria, Yemen, Morocco, China (and Wisconsin)....

For those of you worried about the Police and Fire Departments being adversly affected... don't.  They are the only 2 unions that are exempt.

I'm sure the fact that both of their unions endorsed and contributed to Governor Scott Walker's campaign while the teachers union endorsed and contributed to his opponent had nothing at all to do with this. 

Football coach it was.  Quarterback only came in at #3.

The coaches aren't being funded by taxes, but most likely ticket revenues and donations.

As for public school superintendent salaries, they make more than private school superintendents.  Private school teachers make less money on average than public and most that have worked in public schools in the past, wouldn't want to go back.  Public schools are failing since many parents don't take a more active role in their kids education. The best education kids are home schooled and private since their parents care about their education.

A lot of public employees are trapped since the government has taken over so many functions that could be run privately.  Government takes jobs away from the private sector.  My friends in the private sector get a lot better raises than I do, but I get better benefits and haven't had a raise in over 3 years.  With the decline in state support eventually the pubic university I work should petition go go private and charge the amount in tuition so they can cover their expenses.  I would love it if we would go private and run the place more like a business.

Government by definition is wasteful and should keep the hands off in most cases.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Government by definition is wasteful and should keep the hands off in most cases.

I was not aware of that definition.  Where did you find it?

Prince of Fatness

My friends in the private sector get a lot better raises than I do, but I get better benefits and haven't had a raise in over 3 years.

Where do your friends work, 'cause I'm in the private sector and could count on two fingers the amount of raises I have received in the last 10 years,  As far as your comment about the definition of  government being wasteful, um, no.  It's people that are wasteful.  The concept of government here in our country is good, i think.  People eff it up.  The wrong people in the wrong places, that is.

Not at it at all. 

xor

Holy smokes.

Government is a lot like guns.

Feeling the growl again

Where do your friends work, 'cause I'm in the private sector and could count on two fingers the amount of raises I have received in the last 10 years,  As far as your comment about the definition of  government being wasteful, um, no.  It's people that are wasteful.  The concept of government here in our country is good, i think.  People eff it up.  The wrong people in the wrong places, that is.

It really depends where you are.  We are still getting acceptable raises -- though they are being more strict about limiting it to good performers (as it should be) --  but our bonuses are about to start taking a hit and our benefits are getting trimmed slowly but surely.

When my first daughter was born premature and spent 18 days in the NICU, we had better healthcare and it was not a big deal.  If that happened now, we would be out 6% of my annual income before we capped out.

I don't know how long it will be before that cap disappears.  

I don't mind paying for normal expenses as long as it preserves a cap on catastrophic incidences.  I think consumer exposure to costs is good as it creates rationalization of utilization.  But when SHTF I just don't want to be cleaned out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills