Yikes, now I'm really committed (or should be ;) )! (Read 489 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just registered for my two big races! The Grand Rapids Marathon/HM (10/29) has a limit of 2k participants, so I figured I'd better get my registration in for that. Also registered for the GR Bridge Run 10mi (9/16). Now I should probably go ahead and do my upcoming 5ks, too (Susan G. Komen and an Autism benefit run at my alma mater). I'm gonna be a busy girl this Fall--I have 4 races in a 6 week period! No slackin' off for this girl! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Yep, that's the way to do it...1) send in yer $$ and 2) tell everybody you know! Now you gotta train! 8 Ball Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I am working on my fundraising stuff, too. Got my website up for the Susan G. Komen race, but I still need to work on the "Girls On The Run." stuff. I REALLY wanted to do fundraising for that in connection with the HM, but my local chapter isn't listed among those that participate in the race fundraising, so I e-mailed the person in charge of the nearest chapter--I REALLY don't want my fundraising work to benefit a chapter a few hours away if I can have it help girls locally...especially since I want to volunteer with our local chapter's 5k run next Spring. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay