Fallen Arch (Read 521 times)

Hey everyone... My DD is in track and complains of fallen arch every so often. Are there inserts she can get to help this? She is a sprinter and runs in Asics spikes (not sure which model - she got them at the running store) I've never had any issues with my arches, so I don't know what to tell her to help...
    -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
    Hannibal Granite

Her arches may be hurting, but they aren't "fallen" arches. A true fallen arch is an indredibly painful and traumatic injury. Also, since she is a sprinter, she is not spending much time in her spikes so they are probably not the problem unless she is training in her spikes often. Whatever shoes she is training in may be the problem though, there may be not be enough arch support in her training shoes (if she has high arches), or there may be to much ( I have had this happen to me as I have very flat feet). It could also be that she has increased the training load to quickly at the beginning of the year and the muscles in her feet are just a little weak. The best thing for her to do is to see the trainer at her school (I'm assuming she is in HS) and talk to her coach. Those 2 people should be able to tell what the problem is whether it be a legit injury or just malfitting shoes

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

finney

Resident pinniped

That sounds more like PF than a "fallen arch". If she's having arch pain, that's the first thing I'd look into.